2022 order cutoff to 2023 order-to-availability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping some in-the-know folks have some answers - I think a lot of us are in the same boat. Hoping this thread can consolidate some of the questions/answers floating around.

As I understand it after digging in different places (including this awesome forum):

* Order cutoff for 22’s is end of April
* Orders accepted in April will have a TPW of June
* Orders for 23’s will begin in May w/ TPW of September
* Factories re-tool in July/August to prepare to build 23’s
* May orders begin rolling out in September

These are mostly rough dates - and of course, Covid (go away, already), supply chain issues, and chip shortages will affect these dates.

Questions:

* Do these timelines sound about right?
* Someone noted that suppliers have committed to the first batch of 23’s having full features - was this true for 22’s last year?
* Or will 23’s start off with missing features and retrofits?
* if GM has accepted orders for 22’s that have no TPW due to constraints, do they automatically roll over into 23’s and go to the front of the line?

I have a Denali w/ Premium pkg on order, but thanks to the full constraints list provided by @BrokerThis it seems like it’s a no-go for the rest of this model year.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping some in-the-know folks have some answers - I think a lot of us are in the same boat. Hoping this thread can consolidate some of the questions/answers floating around.

As I understand it after digging in different places (including this awesome forum):

* Order cutoff for 22’s is end of April
* Orders accepted in April will have a TPW of June
* Orders for 23’s will begin in May w/ TPW of September
* Factories re-tool in July/August to prepare to build 23’s
* May orders begin rolling out in September

These are mostly rough dates - and of course, Covid (go away, already), supply chain issues, and chip shortages will affect these dates.

Questions:

* Do these timelines sound about right?
* Someone noted that suppliers have committed to the first batch of 23’s having full features - was this true for 22’s last year?
* Or will 23’s start off with missing features and retrofits?
* if GM has accepted orders for 22’s that have no TPW due to constraints, do they automatically roll over into 23’s and go to the front of the line?

I have a Denali w/ Premium pkg on order, but thanks to the full constraints list provided by @BrokerThis it seems like it’s a no-go for the rest of this model year.
Hopefully that's the case. If not, I'll be putting off my order until 2024. Hopefully the economy tanks by then.

Elise201424

Reaction score
OK I will try and answer as much of this as I have experience in not making the 2021 cut off and rolling to 2022.

-Yes,most of these time frames do sound right. However the 2023s I was told would begin production in July . They would finish May and June. July would be getting ready for the new model year and production would begin.
-I think we would all like to remain hopeful that the new model year will not come out with any constraints. However… For example the sliding power console was supposed to be on discontinued for the whole 2022 model here. If you’ve been following GM authority you see that the sliding power console has come back. I don’t think anyone can say for sure with 100% certainty what it will look like for the new 2023. I have been told by my dealership that once the specs come out for the 2023 we will know more. They are expecting to receive that sometime next month.
-My experience from last year gives me insight into the model year rollover change. If the order does not make the 2022 guideline your dealer will have to go in and manually change your order to a 2023. You will keep the same order confirmation code and that will not change. However the dealer will have to manually input and change everything. Your place in line is determined by the dealership and not so much with GM directly. That is normally done a few weeks before the general ordering is open for everyone else.
- And your final question is when ordering opened up for the new model year were there constraints. The answer was no. Everything was available… It just had to do with your dealers allocation

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully that's the case. If not, I'll be putting off my order until 2024. Hopefully the economy tanks by then.
Word on the street (interweb) prediction is there will be a recession early 2023, similar to 2008. Who knows how accurate that is, but with the current events not that far fetched…but to be taken with a grain of salt.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, not gonna happen……slow down? Yes possibly. Recession, highly doubtful, none of the factors of 2008 are even remotely the same today. Only thing that would change this would be WW3. If that happens won’t matter anyway…..

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Nope, not gonna happen……slow down? Yes possibly. Recession, highly doubtful, none of the factors of 2008 are even remotely the same today. Only thing that would change this would be WW3. If that happens won’t matter anyway…..
Not concerned with inflation? Massive rise in real estate? Russia? China? Biden? Labor constraints? Rising salaries? Rising hourly wages for low end jobs?

Recession is coming, how severe I don’t know. Let’s pray it’s not another 08 scenario

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Economy is still very strong, interest rates are still at historic lows even if it goes up 1% or more, The market has already priced in the Europe issue, unless it goes to a multi national level. Housing isn’t financed on a wing and prayer any longer.
Yes, inflation is a headwind, but many many Americans have never had a stronger balance sheet. Look at the rate of savings over the last 4 years. 3 trillion higher than just 3 years ago….
I don’t have all the answers, but America is strong, it’s economy is strong, Leadership will change, and we are privileged to enjoy the highest standard of living in the world, even if it still takes a little bit of a hit….

ppdbigdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK I will try and answer as much of this as I have experience in not making the 2021 cut off and rolling to 2022.

-Yes,most of these time frames do sound right. However the 2023s I was told would begin production in July . They would finish May and June. July would be getting ready for the new model year and production would begin.
-I think we would all like to remain hopeful that the new model year will not come out with any constraints. However… For example the sliding power console was supposed to be on discontinued for the whole 2022 model here. If you’ve been following GM authority you see that the sliding power console has come back. I don’t think anyone can say for sure with 100% certainty what it will look like for the new 2023. I have been told by my dealership that once the specs come out for the 2023 we will know more. They are expecting to receive that sometime next month.
-My experience from last year gives me insight into the model year rollover change. If the order does not make the 2022 guideline your dealer will have to go in and manually change your order to a 2023. You will keep the same order confirmation code and that will not change. However the dealer will have to manually input and change everything. Your place in line is determined by the dealership and not so much with GM directly. That is normally done a few weeks before the general ordering is open for everyone else.
- And your final question is when ordering opened up for the new model year were there constraints. The answer was no. Everything was available… It just had to do with your dealers allocation
Can anyone else verify that the sliding power consule has comeback? I only ask because I met with my car dealer last Thursday and they said it wouldn’t be available for all of 22’.. any input is appreciated..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE