2022 Lifter Issue? - w/video, out of state issue (edit: thrust bearing broke)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on a recommendation from a friend who is Lemon'ing his F-150 he told me to look at that as an option to limit liability. At 30 days without resolution I can file.

I understand GM would rather sell a new vehicle with a motor but after a call with Customer Case last night talking about that option and if that is financially better for everybody I got a response, "how would I know what your laws are, I live in Georgia, your in Arkansas, I don't know that". Can you put in writing you'll pay for the rental then. "I haven't worked on your case this week and will call Saturday...."

Based on my math, I think it would easier for all parties. Idk. Title in hand.

We'll see, maybe a motor shows up next week. Based on the math after 12 months of ownership I'd be out $15,000. (MSRP + taxes + registration + extras) - state mileage deduction of $15,000.
Lemon it. Sorry about your misfortune but it's really the current environment. You guys want them to drop everything and get your requisitions in short order. Everything these days is delayed.

I will tell you to go ahead and cancel your rivian order if you have issues waiting. I promise that experience won't be better. Im talking from experience here.

Good luck!

OP
OP
O

Oaktree

Reaction score
My wife finally talked to someone helpful.

They asked us to submit all receipts for rental car. They will pay it all as often as we want. 3 days at a time, 1 month, whatever we need.

She does not have an ETA for the engine (6-9months in prior cases).

She told GM we are requesting a replacement vehicle but want the option to change to buy back through the process if we desire.

She said that GM will probably concede to replacement or buyback for a part delay issue. Shouldn’t be an issue.

The process starts.

Last edited:

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they will probably do buy back that way can be resold with nothing on record. On vehicle that GM bought back from me they gave me total price I payed for vehicle plus taxes in my situation there was no trade involved.

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They asked us to submit all receipts for rental car.

Told GM we are requesting a replacement vehicle but can change to buy back through the process.

GM will probably concede to replacement or buyback for a part delay issue.

The process starts.

best of luck. When my lifters failed and I was getting the typical run around with GM Customer Care (they really should change the name as there is no "care" there. I wrote a 4-ish page letter (including all my call logs to GM) and addressed it to the North American President. I got a call from the "Executive Team" but in the end, the same results. they don't care at all! SMH

RobbieVA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

They asked us to submit all receipts for rental car. They will pay it all as often as we want. 3 days at a time, 1 month, whatever we need.

She told GM we are requesting a replacement vehicle but want the option to change to buy back through the process if we desire.

She said that GM will probably concede to replacement or buyback for a part delay issue. Shouldn’t be an issue.

The process starts.

I’ve had similarly comical conversations with GM about our rental reimbursement. They say they can’t process it until the dealership provides a repair order. The dealership says they sent it. GM says they haven’t.

I’m really interested to hear how your lemon process goes. Mine has been in the shop since 12/23/22. Are you involving an attorney?

Who told you 6-9 months on an engine replacement?

OP
OP
O

Oaktree

Reaction score
I’ve had similarly comical conversations with GM about our rental reimbursement. They say they can’t process it until the dealership provides a repair order. The dealership says they sent it. GM says they haven’t.

I’m really interested to hear how your lemon process goes. Mine has been in the shop since 12/23/22. Are you involving an attorney?

Who told you 6-9 months on an engine replacement?
We were escalated once we told and wrote them we wanted a replacement or repurchase.

No attorney, Arkansas had everything laid out, what you had to say etc. I will post my letter when I get home.

She was the first to have answers for everything and nice.
It’s like she doesn’t care, doesn’t want to screw us over, she is actually helping us and going over the options. Even laughing in the convo.

She called today to let us know that the first two checks were printed and on the way.

Monday she will submit paperwork for replacement and she expects to hear by Wednesday. She is the one who said “engine” cases she worked were running 6-9 months.

Replacement vehicles get priority over dealer vehicles but they still say 4-5 months which I can’t imagine. Once we had an allocation I had it in 6 weeks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Oaktree

Reaction score
Chevrolet Written Notification​
Name and Address​

Chevrolet Division of GM

P.O. Box 33170

Detroit, MI 48232-5170

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to notify you of the problems I am experiencing with my 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe VIN and to request a refund as it does not appear you are able to fix it.

I purchased my vehicle from DEALER on DATE. While on Christmas vacation, driving home New Year’s Eve we experienced engines issues which was diagnosed as a faulty thrust bearing. The Tahoe has been sitting in Denver, CO at Stevinson Chevrolet for over 30 days waiting for a new engine. To date, I have not been given an ETA of when the vehicle will be fixed or proper direction on a resolution.

This problem creates an issue for my family and reduces the market value. If repairs are not scheduled within ten days of receipt of this letter I’m requesting a refund calculated in accordance with Arkansas Lemon Law.

Please contact me on receipt of this letter at the above address or telephone number to arrange a date and time to speak further.

Sincerely,

NAME

Contact Info

OP
OP
O

Oaktree

Reaction score
It appears my letter to GM for Lemon law worked. The dealer called (not customer care…) that the motor arrived last week and they are installing it.
Next up is a different team, GM roadside assistance, to get the car back to Arkansas.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears my letter to GM for Lemon law worked. The dealer called (not customer care…) that the motor arrived last week and they are installing it.
Next up is a different team, GM roadside assistance, to get the car back to Arkansas.
The team you’ll need to contact is GM Reunite. I had my 21’ Yukon sent back to me from MI (2 states over) via car carrier and it was coordinated through the Reunite Team.

OP
OP
O

Oaktree

Reaction score
The team you’ll need to contact is GM Reunite. I had my 21’ Yukon sent back to me from MI (2 states over) via car carrier and it was coordinated through the Reunite Team.
Thank you, that is right, now I remember that name.
They did give options of flying and driving back or shipping. Since CO and Kansas are pretty boring, I think I’ll know what I’ll do.
Next up, conversation on extended warranty. Just the motor or will they reset the entire drivetrain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts