2022 Lifter Issue? - w/video, out of state issue (edit: thrust bearing broke)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oaktree

Reaction score
Traveling and currently in CO, Keystone. I sent a video and the hometown dealer said tow to a dealer. 2022 Tahoe - 6.2l

Has anyone dealt with travel issues/warranty and GM? I can't imagine leaving it here in Denver and GM sending it back to me in Arkansas and paying to get my family home tomorrow....we were supposed to leave for home at 6am tomorrow. Keytone to Bentonville Arkansas. Ugh...

How long has the lifter issue lasted? Can I make it 800 miles? I guess if the GM hotline isn’t that worried to help we’re going to give it a shot.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hcG8DVmWvcpw5KBr8

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't let them buy you tickets on Southwest Airlines. The truck will be repaired before you even board. :(

Tongue-in-cheek, of course.

OP
OP
O

Oaktree

Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't let them buy you tickets on Southwest Airlines. The truck will be repaired before you even board. :(

Tongue-in-cheek, of course.
I needed a laugh. Called GM service, they will happily pickup the vehicle tonight and ship to nearest dealer. <100 miles.
Everything else is my problem and my $. I was told the servicing dealership should give me a rental which I know they won't. Why would a Denver dealer give a guy from Arkansas a rental. And since this is based on a video I took with no computer errors flashing. First GM vehicle too and we like it.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did they say which dealer? Good luck with the travel; at least tomorrow is Saturday and they'll be open for you to arrange a rental.

maddocmatt

Reaction score
Hey local Colorado resident here and members of the failed lifter team. Your lifter issue sounds like mine. No lights or warning. Just the ticking bomb sounds. Try to have your car sent to king gm in Longmont or foundation Chevy in wheat ridge. This is my two cents, I drove around 4 weeks with it. I still wouldn’t advise it especially with the giant snow storm bearing down on us right now. I’m in breckenridge. Road conditions and high winds are going to get rough. Have them tow the rig, either fly home or rent a truck and then escalate to the executive service team. Save all the receipts. You might make it home or you might be stuck in a high country blizzard with serious damage.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey local Colorado resident here and members of the failed lifter team. Your lifter issue sounds like mine. No lights or warning. Just the ticking bomb sounds. Try to have your car sent to king gm in Longmont or foundation Chevy in wheat ridge. This is my two cents, I drove around 4 weeks with it. I still wouldn’t advise it especially with the giant snow storm bearing down on us right now. I’m in breckenridge. Road conditions and high winds are going to get rough. Have them tow the rig, either fly home or rent a truck and then escalate to the executive service team. Save all the receipts. You might make it home or you might be stuck in a high country blizzard with serious damage.
I used to work for king, please stay AWAY from those crooks. The techs were decent, but management is really bad.

OP
OP
O

Oaktree

Reaction score
I ended up at Stevinson Chevrolet - it’s right off i70. The snow was insane this AM, avalanche warning when I got up.
They think it could be a motor bearing..?
Basically, no one helps or gives a clear answer. How does GM/dealer not have a case scenario for this?
Im now on the way to Denver airport to get a minivan so we can get all our ski gear, cooler, etc home.
We are back @ Beaver Creek over MLK but he almost laughed when I asked if he thought it would be fixed by then. I said, it’d be convenient for all of it was.
I was told to save receipts and they will help get reimbursed. They don’t think it’ll be an issue but a one way car to Arkansas + 3 extra days is $2,200.
If it takes longer, not sure how I’ll get the car. He thinks it’s a 500 mile max.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed a laugh. Called GM service, they will happily pickup the vehicle tonight and ship to nearest dealer. <100 miles.
Everything else is my problem and my $. I was told the servicing dealership should give me a rental which I know they won't. Why would a Denver dealer give a guy from Arkansas a rental. And since this is based on a video I took with no computer errors flashing. First GM vehicle too and we like it.
We dont give out rental vehicles unless you bought it from us even if you have warranty. We will take you to the nearest car rental about 25 miles away.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Traveling and currently in CO, Keystone. I sent a video and the hometown dealer said tow to a dealer. 2022 Tahoe - 6.2l

Has anyone dealt with travel issues/warranty and GM? I can't imagine leaving it here in Denver and GM sending it back to me in Arkansas and paying to get my family home tomorrow....we were supposed to leave for home at 6am tomorrow. Keytone to Bentonville Arkansas. Ugh...

How long has the lifter issue lasted? Can I make it 800 miles? I guess if the GM hotline isn’t that worried to help we’re going to give it a shot.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hcG8DVmWvcpw5KBr8
Sorry that happened to you and your family. I lived in Colorado for 25 years and Stevinson has been there forever. They’ll fix you up.

OP
OP
O

Oaktree

Reaction score
Call # 5 to GM reaped more info and more followups for them.

What we were told from GM - you get a $48 a day for rental. Ah, a one way car to Arkansas is $462 a day. Also, if you can get me a 6 passenger 4wd vehicle for $48 a day please set that up. Ok, I understand, let me put you on hold and try to find a dealer with a rental in Arkansas when you arrive. Also, before you hang up, how are we going to get the car back.
Let me call you back on that question too. 10 minutes later.
Call back - we created a case and it will be assigned to someone in your area. If you need a hotel and meal do so, save your receipts and we will pay for that. Thank you, but we driving straight through (we cancelled dinner and hotel - not much east of Denver - I spent my new years in a Dodge Caravan with 72,000 miles....) But again, the question is, will you pay for the rental car now and in Arkansas? Well, since your out of state different rules will apply and we'll get back to you, I'm not sure. Answer on getting the car back, were not sure, Chevrolet Roadside will have to figure that out how but I was told we'll figure out something that's fair.

Honestly, I'm not mad, I just don't understand why GM doesn't have a playbook for this scenario. I had my local dealer listen to the video, they said not to drive the vehicle. Stevenison said, its an issue, we can feel a vibration, we think its a motor bearing. We are afraid its not major and GM will say to go pound sand because every response now is, we'll get back to you.

What I am mad about, not once in the 5 calls to Roadside Support or Customer Service did someone say, "sorry this has happened to you. We understand this is a stressful situation. Your on vacation, its New Years Eve." Even better, add a "yes, rent a comparable vehicle and let's talk more on Jan 2nd when people are in the office. Drive safe back home."

Oh well, were home and I now have a Dodge Ram sitting in the driveway until they National can get a 3rd row vehicle in. We tell the kids, its just another adventure and a learning experience on how to handle people and situations. Everything is about customer service and treating people well - if you do those, you'll be successful. Hopefully GM comes through. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64