2022 Denali Ultimate, what is everyone paying right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I paid $5k over and still love the rig, most lots in houston didn’t have inventory or the ones they did have were without adaptive cruise or wireless charging etc. I got my Denali fully loaded with everything but start and stop. Such is life.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt that most people on this forum "need" a vehicle that bad. I see a lot of them trading in trucks 1-3 years old, some after only 6 months. Mine almost 12 years old, and while I may like a newer truck, I don't really need one.
That's exactly how I see it. These are not need vehicles these are want vehicles. Our 2011 suburban was a fantastic rig with no real issues ever but after nearly a decade of ownership we wanted something different. Nobody actually needs a $80k or more suv, there's plenty of them a couple years old with low miles for half the price that are perfectly fine for daily duties. You get the big money brand new one cause you want one. And for sure if you own a vehicle that's only a couple years old you do not NEED a new one but lots of folks love to keep up with the Joneses and a new denali is a great way to do that

Campingfamco

Reaction score
The only reason these people are trading so soon is the HIGHLY increased value of their present vehicle. If some one offered you more than you paid new after driving it for 2 years, wouldn’t you seriously consider it too?
This right here is why we’re considering trading in our 21 Denali. It’s also why new car prices are staying at MSRP or above. It’s all about the supply and demand, and the ”available right now” drives used car prices up.

Like I’ve talked about in past threads, our 21 Denali is running great with hardly any issues at all and it has every feature, but the prices offered on trades are absolutely crazy.

So in short, when our 3500 Denali finally arrives from chip purgatory we’ll probably trade her in.

It should be noted, the price appears to have dropped about $500-$800 in the last few weeks. That could be because I adjusted my mileage from 21,000 to 23,000.

EEA09F80-FBDA-497F-BCF3-24881D5C105F.jpeg
DAC62619-A558-4014-AE8D-72A63D3BA38A.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Superpop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In my experience these trade in values are a bit of a pipe dream. Dealers tend to offer 5-6k below what the Edmunds and KBB trade in value list in my area. Course in the State of WA you have a sales tax credit for the trade in and they try to leverage that to their advantage. I hate dealing with car dealers.

GoHeels

Reaction score
I'm just outside of Charlotte, NC and there are a couple of dealers around that are offering very strong prices for used cars. I put a vehicle up on FB marketplace and got bombarded by dealerships and some of them were really strong offers. The ones I spoke to about trading it in on a new vehicle were at the low-end of the trade and definitely trying to take advantage of the tax advantage that is offered here as well.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While trade-in values are a great deal for those with a newer truck, the $15K mine is worth won't even cover the additional dealer mark-up some places are asking. I should have bought a new truck in early 2020 and saved $15K....

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have to ask........Those of you trading in almost new, low mileage trucks, how much are you actually spending to move into a new one? I can't imagine you can just walk into a dealer and trade your 1 or 2 year old truck and not pay a penny for a new one. What would be the point if the dealer can't make at least $10K? $10K BTW, which was a fair amount of money when the average cost of a vehicle was only $30K.

Just read that some expect used car prices to tank late next year......

Campingfamco

Reaction score
So I have to ask........Those of you trading in almost new, low mileage trucks, how much are you actually spending to move into a new one? I can't imagine you can just walk into a dealer and trade your 1 or 2 year old truck and not pay a penny for a new one. What would be the point if the dealer can't make at least $10K? $10K BTW, which was a fair amount of money when the average cost of a vehicle was only $30K.

Just read that some expect used car prices to tank late next year......
Supplier pricing.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from a local dealer asking if I wanted to place an order. Parts suppliers are the ones holding up production when that log jam breaks we should be flush with new vehicles but at higher prices. This as with most things is temporary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts