2022 Denali Ultimate, what is everyone paying right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superpop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for a 22 Denali and wondering what folks are paying right now. Is inventory getting any better? Should I be offering under MSRP? Any tricks to getting a better deal?

Thank you.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on the market but everywhere seems crazy right now. I’m in NorCal and it seems like paying MSRP is considered a good deal these days. Most inventory is marked up here. I just ordered a Suburban duramax LS and my dealer was willing to let me order one at MSRP + whatever incentives as delivery (likely none). Every Tahoe/Suburban they have in stock they markup $5k. Cadillac dealers here are crazy, marking up Escalades 20-30k. GMC seems to be in between, Ive seem in stock Denalis with 10k markup.

I personally refuse paying anything over MSRP so see if you can find a dealer willing to go at or below. Seems like the deals are to be had in more rural areas but they seem to struggle more with getting enough allocation so you may end up waiting much longer for your order.

outkastist

Reaction score
I've spoken with quite a lot of dealers lately. The only way I have been able to get a deal at MSRP was by ordering one. Anything off a lot, expect a markup that they don't have any interest in really reducing right now. Even with markups, they don't seem to be having any trouble moving them.

I ordered one in Oct, and supposed to be here in the next week or two.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a 22 Denali and wondering what folks are paying right now. Is inventory getting any better? Should I be offering under MSRP? Any tricks to getting a better deal?

Thank you.
If you're lucky enough to find one that's actually physically on a lot (most seem to sell before they ever hit the lot) and you offer under MSRP I'm pretty sure you will not be leaving with a new vehicle. There are lots of people out there willing to pay the dealer markup to get into one of these that they can leave with the same day. I did and I'm happy I got it with most the options we wanted as well. Surprisingly they actually came down on their $10k markup and only violated me for an extra $6K

OP
OP
S

Superpop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure what to think, I call some dealers and they want to tack on a fat surcharge over MSRP, while others have one or two in stock and the internet price they have on the GMC site is listed with no markup. These tend to be in smaller towns though so maybe the big dealers around me in Seattle think there are suckers that will overpay for Detroit steel. Miss the days of pitting them against each other on who can come closest to invoice. Oh well, the car I have now is worth almost as much as I paid for it 3 years ago. Bizarre.

Elise201424

Reaction score
I have spend a better part of my weekends making an extensive list of dealers with no mark up. I have found that it you are willing to be more flexible on color combinations) mostly black on blacks and white with black) you can find an ultimate package. Easier to find in a regular size than xl. But if you were going to be picky on the color in addition to the features. You have to be prepared to wait.

For example I have found many black on black Yukon XL‘s selling at MSRP with no additional dealer fees. Unfortunately the black on black just makes me think that I’m a limo driver. End it doesn’t bring me joy. So I keep looking. But I’ve also had a truck on order for about seven months. So eventually there will be a wait at the end of my tunnel. And to make matters even more complicated, I want a diesel

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what to think, I call some dealers and they want to tack on a fat surcharge over MSRP, while others have one or two in stock and the internet price they have on the GMC site is listed with no markup. These tend to be in smaller towns though so maybe the big dealers around me in Seattle think there are suckers that will overpay for Detroit steel. Miss the days of pitting them against each other on who can come closest to invoice. Oh well, the car I have now is worth almost as much as I paid for it 3 years ago. Bizarre.
I am (willingly) one of those suckers, bought mine in Renton. Ours was listed online for msrp but was told by the salesguy that's not the real price so I would not believe any number you see online as the final price. The big dealers around Seattle don't think there are suckers willing to pay over msrp, they KNOW the suckers are plentiful. There was a denali and an escalade also being picked up by happy new owners while I was there. Was chatting with the salesguy for about an hour before taking delivery and he said they're getting $140K for an escalade and they can't get em fast enough to supply the demand

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Billionaires get to go to space and we're stuck with $140,000 Escalades. Life ain't fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts