2021 Yukon XL Illuminated GMC Logo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PauliePucks

PauliePucks

Reaction score
to put one on my 2012 I am pretty sure it's going to require some modification of my grill which is fine because the newer GMC emblem is larger then the old one, attaching it should be no problem and I put the same kind of thing on my Silverado the wire to the led is positive negative I can just tie into accessory power, piece of cake.
on that note when you receive your emblem it may arrive like my 18 silverado emblem did with 2 loose wires that you will need to pin into the connector, so before you pin the connector check to be sure which side is positive/negative on the vehicle end with a meter because once you stick those pins in the harness they are a real ***** to get out and swap the other way if you get it wrong.
Good news is that is should be shipping out tomorrow. I’ll take pics of the kit before I attempt install. Going to try to get under the hood in a few minutes to get myself familiar with the work area.

OP
OP
PauliePucks

PauliePucks

Reaction score
Update:
Kit shipped and I should have it by the weekend.

was able to go out and take a look around the grill/front end to see what I’m potentially looking at install wise.

Installing the harness is going to be tough without removing the entire grill and fascia. If you look through your grill there is a black bar that runs the width of the front end, just below the camera. The harness has to be routed on the back side of that bar.

I had a hard time locating the headlamp harness as well, not sure how buried it is. FWIW, the install does recommend removal of the headlight assembly, which also requires bumper fascia removal.

I’ve done tons of electrical wiring in my cars, it’s not a matter of skill, it’s more a matter of accessibility as well as that cable has to be routed correctly because of the louvers behind the grill

OP
OP
PauliePucks

PauliePucks

Reaction score
The kit arrived this afternoon, pics attached. Made a precautionary service appt for tomorrow morning in case I run into some snags.

here are pics of the kit. It is two pieces, the wiring harness pt #84437044

The GMC emblem is pre-assembled and all one piece, as opposed to the one on the grill now. I’m not unwrapping until it’s going in but I took pics anyway. On the back on the bottom leg of the M is the female adapter plug in case anyone was wondering where it connects.

no install manual is provided with the kit, just the reference to where to locate them in the SI.

the emblem is very well crafted and feels solid. The backing is black plastic similar to the grill material. There is no chrome outline as with the stock emblem, it is clear all the way around, which is what should illuminate.

very excited to get this in!

355C3B27-F270-4E7D-BC37-E2DD272C1CAA.jpeg E163105F-FB42-4BB7-8DBA-CEDC41583A12.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The kit arrived this afternoon, pics attached. Made a precautionary service appt for tomorrow morning in case I run into some snags.

here are pics of the kit. It is two pieces, the wiring harness pt #84437044

The GMC emblem is pre-assembled and all one piece, as opposed to the one on the grill now. I’m not unwrapping until it’s going in but I took pics anyway. On the back on the bottom leg of the M is the female adapter plug in case anyone was wondering where it connects.

no install manual is provided with the kit, just the reference to where to locate them in the SI.

the emblem is very well crafted and feels solid. The backing is black plastic similar to the grill material. There is no chrome outline as with the stock emblem, it is clear all the way around, which is what should illuminate.

very excited to get this in!

View attachment 259547 View attachment 259548
What's the part number for it, I can't find it again

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought the black one I think it will look better at night, should be able to make it fit my 2012 without to much hassle

OP
OP
PauliePucks

PauliePucks

Reaction score
I just bought the black one I think it will look better at night, should be able to make it fit my 2012 without to much hassle
Which black one did you get? I was told they were not released yet by the place I got the red set from. eBay?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just FYI these are for a 19/20 Sierra. Not sure how that changes anything for you, but they’re not the same as the kit I posted, maybe the harness is the same
looking at the photo's it appears they are just a different color and the tabs appear to be in the same position and dimensionally the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12