2021 Yukon XL Illuminated GMC Logo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it brand new on GM accessories store. No instructions. I tried the driver side light harness and it is not compatible. I want to hot wire it so it is on when the engine is running on a 2016 Yukon Denali. How can this be done safely without interfering with the car electrical? Thanks again.
Fuse box underneath the hood has an open post with 12 v on engine run I believe. I know there is one for low beam lights on. You should be able to locate it with a test light or volt meter.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just test the 2 wires that connect to the back of the emblem, one will be negative and one will be positive the emblem will only light up one way, attach some extra lead to those wires and install the emblem, then just locate your needed power source as the other member noted above, pretty easy to do. it's just a led light it won't interfere with anything.
when I bought my chevy bowtie one it came with a install sheet, strange that the gmc would not. the headlight wiring should be the same for a 16 & 18 so not sure why it is not compatible with the stock harness, you should be able to unplug the headlight harness, plug that into the emblem harness and then plug the other end of the emblem harness back into the headlight. then just stick the 2 wires from the led into the supplied harness plug. they only go on once which is why you need to check the polarity first, otherwise it takes a special tool to take the harness apart and re-pin them.

Stip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes you are correct, it should be plug and play. I also looked up the install sheet and it states just like you had mentioned above. I tried and the guys at the GM dealership also gave up. So plugging it in the 2016 GM stock harness is a no go. Going to try hot wire it but not sure which fuse slot. Does anyone know which slot I can tap into? I don’t have a test or volt meter. I never done this before. This emblem looks nice and I don’t want to give up yet. Anh help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes you are correct, it should be plug and play. I also looked up the install sheet and it states just like you had mentioned above. I tried and the guys at the GM dealership also gave up. So plugging it in the 2016 GM stock harness is a no go. Going to try hot wire it but not sure which fuse slot. Does anyone know which slot I can tap into? I don’t have a test or volt meter. I never done this before. This emblem looks nice and I don’t want to give up yet. Anh help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
anything with a 5 or 10 amp fuse will be fine the led doesn't draw much power at all.

Stip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do I know which slot powers on when the engine is on? Just curious, which slot did you use? Or which slot would you recommend me to use that it powers the led when the engine is on and off when the engine is off. Thank you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you really need to just go by a department store or a harbor freight and pick up a cheapy volt meter otherwise it's just guessing and wasting time trying to figure it out, most of the fuses under the hood will have power all of the time, but you can just run the negative to ground and only use the positive for power so you only need to worry about positive power.
look in your owners manual in the fuse section it may give you a pointer as to which fuse may only have power when the key is on. Personally I would just run the power from a running light or tie into accessory power under the dash which would require running a wire thru the firewall grommet

Square1Services

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In an interesting turn of events...seems like these kits are drying up fast. I had one in my cart on eBay that was $308 and it has now jumped to $1,300.

my dealer’s parts department told me that although there is inventory, there is some sort of hold on them that will not allow orders.

anyone have any insight on this?
I wanted to add the illuminated emblem to my 2022 Yukon Denali build and the dealer told me there was a hold on them as well. He couldn’t tell me why, but he did say they wouldn’t accept my build order if I kept it on. So I removed and will be looking for an aftermarket alternative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B