2021 Yukon XL At4 Dead before leaving Dealer Lot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GBF1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Isbell400 and @frankdp23, welcome to the forum and it sucks that you are having problems with these brand new rigs. "Got my new Yukon and have plans but now they are put on hold because of this crap". The ECM problems may be related to the shortage of chips world wide but still, that price tag should guarantee you that it leaves the lot.
Have to agree. I can't believe how many problems I am hearing about with these new models. Price shouldn't`t matter, they should be perfect out the door. Unless you REALLY need one I'd wait, especially if you cannot get the exact options you want.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to agree. I can't believe how many problems I am hearing about with these new models. Price shouldn't`t matter, they should be perfect out the door. Unless you REALLY need one I'd wait, especially if you cannot get the exact options you want.
Smart move :)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM got greedy and closed down their chip making plant some time back. It was re-opened to make ventilators and just finishing that project up while thousands of incomplete vehicles are parked outside.

It ought to be obvious but Communists seek the destruction of free societies and will subvert them at every opportunity. Only a fool would do business with them; I was once a fool.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your AT4. You sound level headed. I don't know if I'd have kept my cool as well.

These kinds of reports bother me, but I am going to have faith. My grandparents, parents and I bought almost exclusively GM for literally over 100 years. (See grandma in one of her Chevys) In the last 30 years, I've had two bathtub Caprices (the best), a Z28 convertible, a Deville and a 2016 Impala. All hassle free, well built, big solid reliable American cars. All our Caddys, Buicks, Pontiacs and Chevys have been great, no exceptions. Toyota reliability without being tinny imports.

I traded in my low milage bulletproof Impala V6 on my diesel Hoe four days ago. The Impala ran like a top for 70k miles. I hesitated to give it up.

Then I read about these problems with the Hoes, throwing lifters, leaking sunroofs. This should not be happening.

Attachments

• grandmas chevy.png
    grandmas chevy.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your AT4. You sound level headed. I don't know if I'd have kept my cool as well.

These kinds of reports bother me, but I am going to have faith. My grandparents, parents and I bought almost exclusively GM for literally over 100 years. (See grandma in one of her Chevys) In the last 30 years, I've had two bathtub Caprices (the best), a Z28 convertible, a Deville and a 2016 Impala. All hassle free, well built, big solid reliable American cars. All our Caddys, Buicks, Pontiacs and Chevys have been great, no exceptions. Toyota reliability without being tinny imports.

I traded in my low milage bulletproof Impala V6 on my diesel Hoe four days ago. The Impala ran like a top for 70k miles. I hesitated to give it up.

Then I read about these problems with the Hoes, throwing lifters, leaking sunroofs. This should not be happening.
Love that pic of grandma. She looks like a badass woman!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The story about my Grandma is she never drove her entire life until she was about 40 and widowed and my dad tried to teach her but one day she got in the family car and drove through the back wall of the garage thinking it was in reverse. That was in the 1940’s so of course it was a stick shift. She couldn’t be persuaded to drive again.

OP
OP
I

Isbell400

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lost track of the replies but after initially saying the Yukon had ECM problem, it was actually the fuse block. It seemed a fuse was not property gapped and so it caused all sorts of issues when the car moved. Took possession 5 days later after the dealer offered a full 100k warranty from GM. Seemed fair. Drove about 1500 miles and no other issues yet.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck doesn't start, evoke threat of lawsuit...
sounds like a true Karen in the wild
Better than being a pushover or easy mark. I thought 70s quality was bad but I never heard of one not making it off the lot. You work for a dealership?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans