2021 Yukon XL At4 Dead before leaving Dealer Lot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuel Ross

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get used to it. Ours would not start at 616 miles. We now have fuel pump and fule control module #3 on order. GMs vendors are total crap and the overall quality on these rigs are hit or miss. As soon as the 2023 Toyota Sequoias come out I am done with GM for some time until they get their poop together quality wise.
Agreed, we will be doing the same

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You all have convinced me. Keep what I got (already did BOTH banks of lifters). Really wanted a Callaway conversion (560hp) on a new Yukon XL...but too many problems listed here on 2021's. Saw an older Callaway in the parking lot: "Sir...will you please quit licking my car"! LOL LOL Man, was that thing NICE!

Yzshooter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: Dealer got with GM and they offered a full 100k/5yr warranty. With that safety net, I went through with the deal. Have been driving a few days with no issues. Hoping no issues continues!
Glad you got things resolved and GM offered/provided you the extra protection. I find it so I teresting the differences in responses when you ask for opinions. You get everything from deal with it to hire a lawyer.
We certainly live in a diverse culture as this forum confirms. Again, hope your new ride meets and exceeds your expectations.
Al

Bruce -P

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2021 Yukon Xl / AT4 recently arrived at our local dealer. After paperwork and introduction with sales I prepared to leave the lot with the vehicle. This is my first Yukon. Completely out of nowhere the truck wouldn't start. It would crank but sounded like no gas was going to the engine. I mean I literally hadn't left the lot. The dealer had 5 techs on it quickly. I left the lot in my rented vehicle (previous car totaled) rather than wait for them to figure it out. They followed up to say it was a bad ECM and offered to order it and put me in a loaner. That is the extent of what they have offered. I was pretty chill about everything but obviously very disappointed.

Any advice out there?
What would be a realistic response from the dealer?
If this were you would you go through with the purchase? I think I have already bought the vehicle but have not taken possession. Given the current state of the car market I am not in a strong position.

Any realistic advise appreciated.
There was some rumor that the vehicles had to sit in lots at the manufacturer until chips were available and mice got under the hood and chewed on wiring harnesses. Only heard this locally because I am 30 miles from a truck plant. Surely not verified. How long ago did you order it?

Mooseman93

Reaction score
There was some rumor that the vehicles had to sit in lots at the manufacturer until chips were available and mice got under the hood and chewed on wiring harnesses. Only heard this locally because I am 30 miles from a truck plant. Surely not verified. How long ago did you order it?
I drive past Kentucky Speedway occasionally and can confirm that the fields surrounding it are packed FULL of THOUSANDS of new Ford pickup trucks waiting for chips. I've thought the same thing, would I want a vehicle that sat in a farm field for six months? This chip thing is really throwing normal supply dynamics into a tailspin.

Did a quick search for a picture to share and found lots, but here's a video from a news story about it. Note that it's from 5 months ago, and those trucks are still piling up, so they're not just sitting for "a few weeks." Imagine the effect on the market when chips become available again and the new car market is glutted with inventory! I would guess new and used prices will drop quickly.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, just commenting on the post about getting wires chewed while waiting for chips. Seems legit.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got things resolved and GM offered/provided you the extra protection. I find it so I teresting the differences in responses when you ask for opinions. You get everything from deal with it to hire a lawyer.
We certainly live in a diverse culture as this forum confirms. Again, hope your new ride meets and exceeds your expectations.
Al
A lot of people today have no tolerance, patience, or any reasonable logic when they encounter a problem. Their first and only thought is go nuclear, Sue, Sue, Sue, this thing is a piece of crap, give me a new one, don’t ever buy this vehicle again, etc. etc.
I’ve had many vehicle problems, emissions issues, waited on parts for weeks and weeks and weeks, you name it. All of the things I mentioned above should be last resorts, not first thoughts…. When you’ve suffered thru some of life’s real problems, these don’t seem so big anymore….

stevedonato

Reaction score
Let them fix it and just move on with life….Things happen….
Sorry to dissagree but 'things like this' never happen to Japanese Cars. Terrible QA at GM. Let's not forget GM's inferior brake lines in the Silverados and Sierras from 1990-2005 over 20 years and they new it but sill used them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic