2021 Yukon AT4 - air ride issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 Yukon AT4 - 39k miles - so out of warranty

Noise coming from the front right, sounds like a motor in a bind, only does it when the vehicle is in motion

It's cold but not stupid cold....28 degrees

Also put the suspension in service mode and it's still making the noise - i kept it under 10mph as that would trigger it out of service mode

any thoughts?

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF??? That doesn’t sound good! I too have air ride and I’m praying this isn’t a sign of things to come… I’m hopeful it’s something non-complicated, OP.

OP
OP
T

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the motor for the right step binding up...

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the motor for the right step binding up...

Very strange, as they look folded up, which would be the right position when all 4 doors are closed. Does the step motor just keep running after the doors are closed?

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like an air leak there aren't any motors in the wheel/suspension area, probably the air suspension piston for that wheel is leaking as the system is commanding higher pressure to level the car. If you are stationary and tell it to raise the vehicle I would suspect it does the same thing, try it.