2021 Tahoe transmission problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Tahoe Premiere with 15,000 miles and have noticed problems with the transmission. Best way to explain is that it surges when shifting gears especially in lower gears. Almost seems like jerkiness or like it’s not getting gas. I have also noticed that after traveling at interstate speeds it seems to do the same when cruise is on and traveling at Highway speeds. This doesn’t happen all the time but like it’s between gears and not shifting. I took it to dealership and they said they can feel it doing it but computer says all OK. Trying to see if others have had or heard of this.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed stuff like that with my “21 although I only have a fraction of the miles which you have (4,500). I kinda figured it has something to do with the programming on the transmission and how it likes to latch onto the higher gear all the time.

The surging/studdering I tend to notice more when going up hills around town. I haven’t noticed it as much on the highway but I also don’t travel as much on the highway as I used to.

OP
OP
Hondogreif

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just saw the recall on my app. Called dealership and they have ordered it. Hopefully it is the fuel pump.

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a new recall issued for the fuel pump control module. Which may explain the surging
Curious what that is since these are direct injected and have a mechanical pump on the engine and an electric pump in the tank.

OP
OP
Hondogreif

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got it replaced. Ot as bad as before but still prevalent. I recall having the same problem on a Chevy traverse with a 10 speed transmission. If I recall I was able to reset the transmission control module which took care of the problem. Does anyone know if the same thing can be done with the Tahoe?