2021 Tahoe Illuminated door sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdrolling

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the illuminated door sills on their 2021 Tahoe yet, or had them installed?

No instructions were included and none on the GM parts site like most of the parts have listed.

Just need to know what pin in the BCM harness I need to tap into, a pic would be great. I have a install for sheet for 2020 Silverado but I'm guessing it's different.

If no one has any pics or info I'll figure it out with my meter and post on here after I finish.

IMG_0827.jpg

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing our Illuminated door sills, 95% done. I just need to find out where the two power wires plug into the BCM, can't seem to find anyone that knows or has had it installed that can take a pic to show where they plug in. To run the harness and install all 4 lights and ground them only took 45minutes. I hate that two wire is all that's holding this up, might have to go to the dealer and pay to have them plug in two wires. Over all a very easy install, only tool really needed so far was a 10mm to get the ground nit off and on and a small tool to bend the sill tabs to remove and replace them. I used a small flat tip screw driver and they came right out.

IMG_0869.jpg
IMG_0868.jpg
IMG_0874.jpg
IMG_0873.jpg
IMG_0872.jpg

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Running the harness behind the center console was easy and plenty of space to reach back with your hand. On the sides there was also plenty of length to hide all the harness wires easily. Plugs snap nice and secure and lock.

IMG_0865.jpg
IMG_0870.jpg

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
that would be a good file for the forum, for anyone in the future that has your dilemma.
Not sure who to send the PDF to or how to link it to the group but here are the important pics, started raining before I could do both but I have the front lights working and will post pics after it gets dark.

If I would have had these pics it would have easily only taken me an hour hour and half tops to do the full install.

IMG_0884.jpg
IMG_0885.jpg
IMG_0886.jpg
IMG_0887.jpg
IMG_0888.jpg

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Decided since it was cooler out and easier to do in the dark to get finish wiring these, also my brain wouldn't shut down and let me sleep until I finished.

The black BCM plug with purple wire controls the driver and passenger lights, open the drivers door and you can still see the passenger light turn on as well. Purple plug with yellow wire control the rear door lights.

IMG_0893.jpg
IMG_0905.jpg

dat_yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally I found a post that shows what the illuminated sill plates look like installed. I've been on the fence purchasing these. Looks awesome. I have a 2021 Yukon and think I will take the leap. Have you been able to post the entire pdf yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeG1302