2020 Yukon XL with 5.3 will engine keep running ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A GM dealership posted a video of this, the bad guys could drive away but once they shut off the motor the thing was dead.
Yeah, now why would they shut it off before reaching the chop shop, I mean it would be obvious to them they can’t start it again. I see on the news occasionally where a vehicle is stolen because it was left running “ for a minute” while the owner went into a store, sometimes there’s a dog inside and they stop and let the dog out who is now roaming the streets, sometimes there’s a child inside. I sure wouldn’t risk an $80 vehicle but hey, it’s your truck. In my city, it probably wouldn’t be there when you get out of the store. It’s so easy to break the glass, thieves carry a spring-loaded center punch in their pocket, pull it out and press it to the driver door glass and pop it’s shattered. They do that here for a pack of cigarettes.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But they can still drive away with it, right?
You know we have that super strength steering lock and gear shift lock until either the key switch is engaged, or fob is in vehicle and start button pushed, right?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know we have that super strength steering lock and gear shift lock until either the key switch is engaged, or fob is in vehicle and start button pushed, right?
You’re talking remote starting, right? Because I know with my daughters ‘17 Cruze, once it’s started and you walk away with the fob, it’s fair game. You can still drive the car without it. I understand if you remote start it the steering and gear shift are locked but that’s not what was being discussed. The OP asked about leaving it running with the key in the ignition anyway so I’m assuming he doesn’t have push button start.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also you would need a 2nd key to lock the door because you cant lock the door with the drivers door open and engine running with the key in the ignition

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, now why would they shut it off before reaching the chop shop, I mean it would be obvious to them they can’t start it again. I see on the news occasionally where a vehicle is stolen because it was left running “ for a minute” while the owner went into a store, sometimes there’s a dog inside and they stop and let the dog out who is now roaming the streets, sometimes there’s a child inside. I sure wouldn’t risk an $80 vehicle but hey, it’s your truck. In my city, it probably wouldn’t be there when you get out of the store. It’s so easy to break the glass, thieves carry a spring-loaded center punch in their pocket, pull it out and press it to the driver door glass and pop it’s shattered. They do that here for a pack of cigarettes.

The thieves that see a running car are usually committing a "crime of opportunity", they stole it for a joyride, not to chop it up, generally speaking of course.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thieves that see a running car are usually committing a "crime of opportunity", they stole it for a joyride, not to chop it up, generally speaking of course.
If I’m a thief and I see an 80k vehicle running, I’m thinking how much money I can make off of parts. Just the seats alone can buy enough meth to last weeks.:eek:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, Meth never lasted me "weeks"
Gotta buy it by the ounce bro. You get enough to stay up for a week, then sleep for a day, and make sure there’s enough left over so when you wake up you can go out and make money (sell more car parts) to buy the next 2 weeks worth. Way better price by the ounce too. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505