2020 Yukon XL with 5.3 will engine keep running ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GotMechanicComing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at a Gmc Yukon XL with 5.3 engine. Will engine keep running while locking the doors. We have a dog and sometimes leave him in truck with air on. When we go to a place to pickup things. Will truck still run with doors lock and key running in ignition ? Or will it only run so long before it shutoff ?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at a Gmc Yukon XL with 5.3 engine. Will engine keep running while locking the doors. We have a dog and sometimes leave him in truck with air on. When we go to a place to pickup things. Will truck still run with doors lock and key running in ignition ? Or will it only run so long before it shutoff ?
My 16 runs while I go into the store for snacks. It’s only 5 minutes or so.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No time limit unless you use remote start, then it's 10 minutes. This can be modified but is involved and pricey.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ There is a way to extend this to 20 minutes but I don't remember the button you push. Should be in the owners manual.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will but it also makes it super easy for a smash and grab. All someone needs to do is use a popper on the glass and they’re off with your truck. And since the keys are in it most police won’t even treat it as a stolen vehicle.

nitehawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2019 ,and have accidentally go e into costco and forgot to turn off the engine. Only noticed when. I got back. Sometimes those push to start options are dangerous

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will but it also makes it super easy for a smash and grab. All someone needs to do is use a popper on the glass and they’re off with your truck. And since the keys are in it most police won’t even treat it as a stolen vehicle.
Keys are in it only if not push button.