2020 PPV Tahoe dash and display lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangerzs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First of all I’m in law enforcement. My issue is I can not dim the dash and display screen when my headlights are off.
I’ve contacted Chevy and asked if there is a way to dim them and they outright told me to forget about it. any suggestions?

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all I’m in law enforcement. My issue is I can not dim the dash and display screen when my headlights are off.
I’ve contacted Chevy and asked if there is a way to dim them and they outright told me to forget about it. any suggestions?
try contacting whites automotive services, they do custom bcm programming, seems odd that there wouldn't be a default way to dim the lights though

doyouquaxu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I doubt your department will let you reprogram the BCM of your city/county owned vehicle by some guy who was suggested on an internet forum, so forget that dumb idea.

Check out page 21 of the brochure, surveillance mode. You need a wire which plugs in to one of the stock plugs, a switch, and a connection to ground. The wire is listed, part # 13582297.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/1121/2019 Tahoe PPV 2WD (10-31-18).pdf

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt your department will let you reprogram the BCM of your city/county owned vehicle by some guy who was suggested on an internet forum, so forget that dumb idea.

Check out page 21 of the brochure, surveillance mode. You need a wire which plugs in to one of the stock plugs, a switch, and a connection to ground. The wire is listed, part # 13582297.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/1121/2019 Tahoe PPV 2WD (10-31-18).pdf
it's a company, not "just some guy suggested on the internet" :popcorn:

doyouquaxu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it's a company, not "just some guy suggested on the internet" :popcorn:

According to the company's history on their website, it's one guy. So yes, it's some guy suggested on the internet.

"Hey chief, this internet forum suggested this one man company to modify our 60k police vehicle. And the tweaker I arrested last night told me he's going to quit using drugs!"

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the company's history on their website, it's one guy. So yes, it's some guy suggested on the internet.

"Hey chief, this internet forum suggested this one man company to modify our 60k police vehicle. And the tweaker I arrested last night told me he's going to quit using drugs!"
I have a company and I am one guy, does that make me "just some guy on the internet?" I do about a thousands dollars in sales everyday, I'd say that's ok for just some guy on the internet.
the whole point was he asked for suggestions, I provided the name of the "company" that can fix his problem. Welcome to the forum newb.
and BTW that company can provide a obd tool that can program the bcm to do exactly what he wants to do and then put it back to stock as well if so desired with no harm to no foul.
since when does a company have to be owned or ran by more than 1 person to make them legit?

Phinnius Cochran

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
try contacting whites automotive services, they do custom bcm programming, seems odd that there wouldn't be a default way to dim the lights though

I've installed dash light kill switches on most of my department's Tahoes. You will need GM part #13582297, a rocker switch and a short piece of wire. Install the GM wire into cavity #18 of the light blue BCM connector, run this wire to your rocker switch with the other terminal of the switch going to ground. When you flip the switch the dash lights will go off. This is directly from the GM upfitter manual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz