2019 Yukon Key Fob Range Blows...What Would You Do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arcycle4fun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just completed this repair on my 2019 GMC Yukon XL. I was about ready to sell the vehicle to stop having to deal with the very poor remote range. Dealer quoted me $750 for an "attempted fix" and this $21 part did the trick. I went from 0-10' of range, to hundreds of feet. Everything works fantastically.

The one thing that took me some extra effort, since I didn't have much experience removing trim, was there weren't any good guides online on how to remove the trim. I didn't realize how much force was needed to pop the trim off, but once I finally was able to see the tabs more clearly, I made the strong effort to get it unsnapped.

The key was to get the piece off and out from under the longer headliner holding piece across the headliner. That allowed me to pull back the pillar piece enough to see how it was mounted around the speaker. I removed that, partially popped back the headliner and was able to get in and remove the old antenna with a socket extension.

Thanks again, this is a game changer.

bsmith45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No need to take entire headliner down. I changed mine myself in 20 min. It’s 20 dollar part. Just need to take some side panels off to lower the back corner of headliner. If you have a burn or xl I think just the back pillar panel needs to come off given there is more play in the headliner.

View attachment 336939
View attachment 336940
View attachment 336941
View attachment 336942
View attachment 336943

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Bob,
I know this post is 3 years old but Im hoping to get some advice. I am having the same issue in my 2018 Tahoe and I wanted to ask how you get the panels off without breaking anything? Is there a specific tool I need or just careful force to release the clips?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dalien

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the antenna need to be programmed by the dealer or is it just a matter of plugging it in? My dealer told me that it needs to be programmed to my vehicle.

Jroby42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the antenna need to be programmed by the dealer or is it just a matter of plugging it in? My dealer told me that it needs to be programmed to my vehicle.
Mine worked by plugging in, did not require dealer at all.

Dalien

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm confused?? I went to the dealer to get a replacement Receiver / Antenna for my 2018 Yukon XL. The dealer sold me the 315 Mhz antenna part # 1358-6853. I went on Rock Auto and it lists the same part for my vehicle. Whats confusing is that the dealer showed me that the antenna is located on the passenger side rear pillar (3rd pillar). I was looking at Nickfire20's post which shows it under the roof liner with a short wire coming off the antenna and plugging onto the side window wires. My vehicle has the same wire coming out from the roof liner. The antenna that the dealer sold me does not look the same as the one in Nickfire20's post. Do I have the right part?? I haven't taken the panelling off yet so I guess it's possible that it is located on the pillar and the wire that is attached to the side window is long and plugs into the antenna I bought. The dealer and Rock Auto both say that the antenna needs to be programmed but other posts on this site say that they plugged it in and it worked. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!2018 Yukon XL Receiver Antenna.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, did this a few months ago too…. Wife is very happy that she doesn’t have be 3’ from the truck to lock/unlock now. IMG_8028.jpegIMG_8026.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01