2019 Tahoe pass. Headlight out. Not bulb.. fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger halogen lowbeam went out today. no power to bulb. Found fuse 121 and 122 but says HID. I can pull both those fuses and the driver light stays on.

I ran my hand over all the fuses and relays under the hood and noticed that the light came back on. Pretty sure the last thing I touched was one of the upfitter mini relay things.

Is there no actual driver/pass fuse for low beam halogens??

Happy that it fixed itself, but would like to know a bit more if this comes back..

Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passenger halogen lowbeam went out today. no power to bulb. Found fuse 121 and 122 but says HID. I can pull both those fuses and the driver light stays on.

I ran my hand over all the fuses and relays under the hood and noticed that the light came back on. Pretty sure the last thing I touched was one of the upfitter mini relay things.

Is there no actual driver/pass fuse for low beam halogens??

Happy that it fixed itself, but would like to know a bit more if this comes back..

Thanks

I believe 121 & 122 are the fuses for low beam. At least according to the wiring diagram from GM Upfitter for 2018

http://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/831/18_Escalade_Body_Builder_SM_U_2017JUL24.pdf

Page 3-54

A34029E4-1C3B-4375-852B-B603E442B6C9.png

OP
OP
A

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it says RF HID and LF HID.. definitely do nothing for halogen low beams, I had the driver side headlight still burning with both of those fuses pulled. Was thinking maybe its tied into one of the other systems, but thankfully still working again. just really freakin odd that there is no obvious fuse.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HID fuses (121 & 122) aren’t used in LT & LS Tahoe’s with factory halogen low beams. The halogen low beam circuit travels from the BCM as a PWM voltage through the X50A (under hood) fuse block and out to the headlights. It doesn’t have any relays or fuse.

I’m thinking it’s a loose connection or corrosion between the terminals on the bottom side of the fuse block.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HID fuses (121 & 122) aren’t used in LT & LS Tahoe’s with factory halogen low beams. The halogen low beam circuit travels from the BCM as a PWM voltage through the X50A (under hood) fuse block and out to the headlights. It doesn’t have any relays or fuse.

I’m thinking it’s a loose connection or corrosion between the terminals on the bottom side of the fuse block.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! Good information on the BCM. I will see if there is anything obvious, but I would hope corrosion isn't the issue. It's less than a year old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645