2019 Suburban RST.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
900sub6.0

900sub6.0

Reaction score
Could you give me some feedback on the SL1 lights as well as the Range AFM disabler? I've been looking at those. I recently installed the AFE intake and have been meaning to post a real world review of that but afraid there won't be much interest.
I sure will. I have the SL1 installed in my f150 high beams. They are a definite improvement o we stock, but are not HID level. The HIDs don't work well for high beams due to warm up time. They are high quality and are highly recommended on Ford forums.

OP
OP
900sub6.0

900sub6.0

Reaction score
Here's a pic. It's not terrible but definitely a bigger gap than the stock lights. (hopefully the pic is showing)
I also want to agree with what you say about these forums being dead on these models. I had a Silverado previously and there's much more activity with the trucks versus the SUV's.

View attachment 211982
Do you feel like it's an improvement over stock?

sclemmer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you feel like it's an improvement over stock?
I don't currently have them installed because, as I mentioned in my first post, the Morimoto connectors don't line up with the stock connector. I'm trying to make time to test the connections again by flipping the connector around and trimming the splines on the stock connector.

OP
OP
900sub6.0

900sub6.0

Reaction score
I don't currently have them installed because, as I mentioned in my first post, the Morimoto connectors don't line up with the stock connector. I'm trying to make time to test the connections again by flipping the connector around and trimming the splines on the stock connector.
Right. I'll test mine before installing. I don't mind splicing if I have to.

sclemmer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right. I'll test mine before installing. I don't mind splicing if I have to.
It's a pain to install since you have to take off the bumper and grille. Not difficult in any way just a lot of work for a simple swap.

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you guys enlighten me on the 'Ceramic Coating", my new Tahoe is on order, and I have heard some stuff about ceramic coating, and am wondering if it is a good thing.... love your new truck.....

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you guys enlighten me on the 'Ceramic Coating", my new Tahoe is on order, and I have heard some stuff about ceramic coating, and am wondering if it is a good thing.... love your new truck.....
From what i heard/looked at/watched the vehicle has to be completely and fully washed, de-waxed(wiped with alcohol), clay barred etc, and a tiny amt of the coating is simply wiped on/wiped off and you will not have to wax vehicle at all. This stuff is apparently good for a year or more i guess depending on how much its exposed to the elements. That’s about all i know.

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I heard too then I watched a vid where the guy says you have to use special car wash, and reapply a restorer each time you wash.......
now I'm not sure what to think... seems like a lot of extra farting around, when I can take a day and give her a good polish and detail with out a lot of extra moves, although I do like the idea it helps prevent scratches...... now I'm really not sure....

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I heard too then I watched a vid where the guy says you have to use special car wash, and reapply a restorer each time you wash.......
now I'm not sure what to think... seems like a lot of extra farting around, when I can take a day and give her a good polish and detail with out a lot of extra moves, although I do like the idea it helps prevent scratches...... now I'm really not sure....

The difference is with a good ceramic coat, practically nothing sticks to your paint. No dirt, no mud, it just rolls off so easily. It lasts between 1-3 years depending on what kind you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157