2019 Suburban RST.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck! Guessing you got the 6.2, what an improvement over the ls series 6.2! They run extremely well.

OP
OP
900sub6.0

900sub6.0

Reaction score
Yes it has the 6.2L with 10 speed. Fully optioned. I will enter the contest! I really like the quietness of the SUV. My 13 was obnoxious after awhile with catless headers and short mufflers. The Blackbear tune I had was wide open all the time, shifting hard. Ill be leaving this one stock performance wise. Thanks for the compliments!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it has the 6.2L with 10 speed. Fully optioned. I will enter the contest! I really like the quietness of the SUV. My 13 was obnoxious after awhile with catless headers and short mufflers. The Blackbear tune I had was wide open all the time, shifting hard. Ill be leaving this one stock performance wise. Thanks for the compliments!

Would you consider the GM Borla exhaust system? I’m thinking about getting that for my 6.2. Like you I don’t like loud vehicles (been there done that), but from what I understand most people say with the GM Borla you only hear an extra rumble during acceleration. And that really it makes the exhaust sound only as loud as the prior generation Denali (2014 and earlier).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
900sub6.0

900sub6.0

Reaction score
Would you consider the GM Borla exhaust system? I’m thinking about getting that for my 6.2. Like you I don’t like loud vehicles (been there done that), but from what I understand most people say with the GM Borla you only hear an extra rumble during acceleration. And that really it makes the exhaust sound only as loud as the prior generation Denali (2014 and earlier).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't be installing any exhaust. Maybe do the bolt mod. Any exhaust is too loud for me now. I daily drive a base model 18 F150 with a little V6. You can't hear it running. After driving a quiet vehicle daily for a year, I got used to it. The Yukon was noisy.

sclemmer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see you're planning on the Morimoto fogs. Just a piece of advice here; I attempted to install them in my '19 Tahoe RST and the connectors that come with them do not work with our factory foglight connections. The connectors that are on the Morimoto is a PSX24 and our factory foglight bulbs are PSX26. There is enough of a difference between the two that they do not work. I contacted TheRetroFitSource and they told me to cut the splines on the Morimoto connector to make it fit which did not work. They've now asked me to trim all sides of the Morimoto and flip the connection to see if it's a polarity issue. I have not had time to do this but hopefully will this weekend. Another issue with these is that the Morimotos only have adjust at the bottom which is fine for aiming the light output but bad for fitment. When I had them installed for testing I noticed there was a significant gap all around the Morimoto fog.

OP
OP
900sub6.0

900sub6.0

Reaction score
I see you're planning on the Morimoto fogs. Just a piece of advice here; I attempted to install them in my '19 Tahoe RST and the connectors that come with them do not work with our factory foglight connections. The connectors that are on the Morimoto is a PSX24 and our factory foglight bulbs are PSX26. There is enough of a difference between the two that they do not work. I contacted TheRetroFitSource and they told me to cut the splines on the Morimoto connector to make it fit which did not work. They've now asked me to trim all sides of the Morimoto and flip the connection to see if it's a polarity issue. I have not had time to do this but hopefully will this weekend. Another issue with these is that the Morimotos only have adjust at the bottom which is fine for aiming the light output but bad for fitment. When I had them installed for testing I noticed there was a significant gap all around the Morimoto fog.

Hmmmm, I ran into the same issue on my 13 Denali in terms of splicing the XBs. Do you have pics of lights installed? I never got around to installing mine yet.

sclemmer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I ran into the same issue on my 13 Denali in terms of splicing the XBs. Do you have pics of lights installed? I never got around to installing mine yet.
Here's a pic. It's not terrible but definitely a bigger gap than the stock lights. (hopefully the pic is showing)
I also want to agree with what you say about these forums being dead on these models. I had a Silverado previously and there's much more activity with the trucks versus the SUV's.

IMG_0372.jpg

sclemmer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could you give me some feedback on the SL1 lights as well as the Range AFM disabler? I've been looking at those. I recently installed the AFE intake and have been meaning to post a real world review of that but afraid there won't be much interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons