2019 Suburban RST. First upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sikryd

Reaction score
Lowered stance looks great! I’m on the fence on the grill. The OEM RST painted to match grill is a sleek clean look.
Yeah, it would probably look better on a black truck. I may paint match it.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here in the lower 48 the Range plug in unit will void your engine warranty..:eek:

I had one on a 2014 Tahoe and did not notice much difference in mileage,., My 2009 LTZ 6.2 did not have AFM so do not know how it would work with the 6.2..

I did have a custom 3.5" exhaust system and an AirRaid Jr. intake plus a dyno tune on the 6.2 L9H engine which made a difference when I was running the twisty turnies and hauling butt,.,.

Good luck, have fun, but remember your gas mileage with a 6.2 is a forgotten thing with your foot on the loud pedal :D:cool:

Thirdcoast

Last edited:
OP
OP
900sub6.0

900sub6.0

Reaction score
Here in the lower 48 the Range plug in unit will void your engine warranty..:eek:

I had one on a 2014 Tahoe and did not notice much difference in mileage,., My 2009 LTZ 6.2 did not have AFM so do not know how it would work with the 6.2..

I did have a custom 3.5" exhaust system and an AirRaid Jr. intake plus a dyno tune on the engine which made a difference when I was running the twisty turnies and hauling butt,.,.

Good luck, have fun, but remember your gas mileage with a 6.2 is a forgotten thing with your foot on the loud pedal :D:cool:

Thirdcoast

I thought I just had remove it before I take it in for Servicing/Warranty work?:confused:

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to a friend, who is the lead truck shop mechanic at my local dealership, any device that you plug in will leave "Tracks" and if it alters any function, will show that the engine is operating "Out Of Parameters".

If you had a problem and take it to the dealer, it will show on their diagnostics and this could void your warranty.

I did not want to take that chance so sold the one I had and will not use any programmer on my 2018 Tahoe.

BTW, you may be able to purchase the Borla muffler and have it installed into your existing exhaust system a whole lot less expensive than a new Borla or Corsa. I have the Corsa Sport Cat Back on my 2018 Tahoe LS and it is a little loud, but i like it.

Happy New Year,

Thirdcoast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove