2019 Suburban RST. First upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want your fogs to work in the fog, then you want them dim. Fog is water vapor or crystals. The more light you shine on them the more light that gets reflected in all directions, including back at you. If you want them to light up the 20ft under the headlights, because you think it looks cool, and don't care about putting more light into on coming drivers, then upgrade them.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want your fogs to work in the fog, then you want them dim. Fog is water vapor or crystals. The more light you shine on them the more light that gets reflected in all directions, including back at you. If you want them to light up the 20ft under the headlights, because you think it looks cool, and don't care about putting more light into on coming drivers, then upgrade them.

Very little ‘fog’ where I am. I put in bright LEDs to light up the road/shoulder ahead of me (so more ‘driving lights’ than fog) not because it ‘looks cool’. Though having the color temp match the headlights is a bonus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
900sub6.0

900sub6.0

Reaction score

I'm looking for more usable light, not illuminating the planet. I went with the Morimoto XBs. I had them on my Yukon. I had no idea they were made for Suburbans and Tahoes. Nice beam and they match the HIDs better. Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
For what its worth, my 2015 Yukon Denali had the most sloppy shift I have ever driven until I added a tuner:
Hypertech Max Energy Programmer - 2000....

I don't notice and engine performance improvements but it allows you to program the transmission shifting as well. Best upgrade on my Yukon yet.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowered stance looks great! I’m on the fence on the grill. The OEM RST painted to match grill is a sleek clean look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442