2019 Escalade front passenger seat rattling real bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any advice for the front passenger seat clicking/rattling very loudly? Randomly it rattles to all hell, then other days it's quiet. Basically, when going over any type of rough road, or simply accelerating, that seat or something in that area makes a very loud audible "CLACK" sound and/or sounds like a bunch of marbles in a can. Can't figure out the source. I've tried taking things apart underneath and securing, and nothing has made a difference. Went underneath and even tried securing heatshield, that's not it.

If I use my fist and bang the passenger seat back REALLY HARD, the sound goes away for a few days, then returns with a vengeance. This is the only way I can make it stop.

Any ideas on what it could be?

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the seat and take it apart to find out what’s making the sound, really your only option other than ignoring it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any advice for the front passenger seat clicking/rattling very loudly? Randomly it rattles to all hell, then other days it's quiet. Basically, when going over any type of rough road, or simply accelerating, that seat or something in that area makes a very loud audible "CLACK" sound and/or sounds like a bunch of marbles in a can. Can't figure out the source. I've tried taking things apart underneath and securing, and nothing has made a difference. Went underneath and even tried securing heatshield, that's not it.

If I use my fist and bang the passenger seat back REALLY HARD, the sound goes away for a few days, then returns with a vengeance. This is the only way I can make it stop.

Any ideas on what it could be?
you are probably going to have to just keep checking it to see, trying adjusting the seat to a different position, move the lumbar up or down, etc

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've had any work done to it under warranty, I'd start there. Case in point: had a vibrator (sounds bad I know) replaced under warranty on my driver seat. I've had a minimal movment/clunking ever since then. I know the tech didn't tighten down a couple bolts on the reassembly. Pisses me off, but not enough to pull the seat and figure it out......yet

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz