2018 Yukon XL SLT, rear air shock blown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dmtml

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I unplugged my compressor, and removed the air ride shocks. It rides so much better now. There is a downside, I get a notification on my dash that says to service the leveling system every time I get in. I just hit the ok and continue my drive.. I personally don’t mind it, but if that would bother you then I would stick to the stock shocks..

Got it, thank you. I think I'll stick with OEM for now...Looks like I'll be returning the previous shock and getting the 19432783. Looks like here https://www.gmpartsstore.com/oem-parts/gm-rear-air-lift-shock-absorber-19432783 is the one, and not seeing it any cheaper anywhere else.

22ECO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well that would explain it, news to me I haven't seen too many z85's around.
if this is the case then you can probably still use the shock anyway, the bladder will work just like one without a sensor, the air pressure in on a single line and the pressure is equalized between the 2 shocks.
With out the air bags it sits a little low in the rear and bounces around quite a bit.. I had a medium sized ice chest on a rack in the hitch, the rear was sagging like I had trailer with 600 lbs of tongue weight..

OP
OP
D

dmtml

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I unplugged my compressor, and removed the air ride shocks. It rides so much better now. There is a downside, I get a notification on my dash that says to service the leveling system every time I get in. I just hit the ok and continue my drive.. I personally don’t mind it, but if that would bother you then I would stick to the stock shocks..

According to Amazon and some other reading, the AC Delco 540-1721 or 540-1723 are also compatible. Thoughts?

22ECO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is how she sits with the Bilstein 5100s and the springs I mentioned, front has a 2” leveling kit.

Attachments

• 8CF9F99D-B47F-43F2-AB47-5A894230FE0C.jpeg
    8CF9F99D-B47F-43F2-AB47-5A894230FE0C.jpeg
    554.4 KB · Views: 8

Porkys

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you,

What I'm seeing online is $450-$500. Do you have a link for it at $382?? Sounds like going OEM to maintain ride-control is the way to go. Any thoughts on DIY-ing this vs having it done? And if having it done for me, recommendations on dealer vs independent repair shop?

Thanks again!

How do you know if your Yuk XL has the compressor thing? I have a 2019 Yukon XL and I didn't think it had an inflatable bag. Nevertheless, a mechanic recently showed me that my left rear shock was leaking and eventually would need to be replace. He also recommended that I replace at least both in the rear together or if possible, all 4.
I am not well versed in suspension and wanted to ask here, and piggy back off of this thread because it was similar to my issue and fairly recent.
Thank you TahoeYukon forum!