2018 Yukon XL Buckets for Bench Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbuondelmonte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife and I are expecting triplets in the next couple of weeks and we're going from 2-5 kids. I am looking to swap my 2nd row bucket seats for a bench. I have a 2018 Yukon XL. The seats are black, electronic fold, and heated. Hoping to find the comparable bench version. Thanks!

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are expecting triplets in the next couple of weeks and we're going from 2-5 kids. I am looking to swap my 2nd row bucket seats for a bench. I have a 2018 Yukon XL. The seats are black, electronic fold, and heated. Hoping to find the comparable bench version. Thanks!
Wow congrats. That would make my head spin.

But I have questions now. Assuming you put 3 car seats across the bench, or even the click in bases. How will your older kids get to the back row? You won’t be able to fold that bench at all.

It pains me to say this, but this might be minivan territory. Or one of those pimped out express vans or transit van.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations @Mbuondelmonte. Kids are fun, they take a lot of work, they get the most sleep in the house, at moments they frustrate you beyond what you thought was frustrating, they'll be the most expensive things you ever "own", but they're a lot of fun.

How old are your two kids now and what type of car seats will they be in once the 3 newborns arrive?

We currently have 3 kids; 5, 7, & 8. They're all pretty close in age where all of them are each in some sort of car seat all at once, some of them take a lot of space. My '15 Yukon XL Denali has captain chairs in the 2nd row and it works well for the 3rd kid to just walk through to the back and get in his own seat.

However; I'm currently in a '21 Yukon XL SLT rental vehicle and the 2nd row is a bench. My 7 year old son rides in the 3rd row and he is in a convertible car seat still. For him it is easier for me to leave the 3rd row split folded, the area for his seat is up obviously and the other half folded. It's easier for him if I open the tailgate and he crawls in through the back that way than to crawl over the 2nd row bench. Thats with (2) car seats in the 2nd row; A booster and a convertible car seat, nothing in the middle.

This seating arrangement will be tough with the (3) newborns. It'll be a challenge.

JRscott3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
MBuonDelmonte - I have a heated, auto-fold second row bench in my 2018 Yukon XL. I’d be interested in a swap. I sent you a direct chat, so feel free to respond.

OP
OP
M

Mbuondelmonte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congratulations @Mbuondelmonte. Kids are fun, they take a lot of work, they get the most sleep in the house, at moments they frustrate you beyond what you thought was frustrating, they'll be the most expensive things you ever "own", but they're a lot of fun.

How old are your two kids now and what type of car seats will they be in once the 3 newborns arrive?

We currently have 3 kids; 5, 7, & 8. They're all pretty close in age where all of them are each in some sort of car seat all at once, some of them take a lot of space. My '15 Yukon XL Denali has captain chairs in the 2nd row and it works well for the 3rd kid to just walk through to the back and get in his own seat.

However; I'm currently in a '21 Yukon XL SLT rental vehicle and the 2nd row is a bench. My 7 year old son rides in the 3rd row and he is in a convertible car seat still. For him it is easier for me to leave the 3rd row split folded, the area for his seat is up obviously and the other half folded. It's easier for him if I open the tailgate and he crawls in through the back that way than to crawl over the 2nd row bench. Thats with (2) car seats in the 2nd row; A booster and a convertible car seat, nothing in the middle.

This seating arrangement will be tough with the (3) newborns. It'll be a challenge.
Thanks....My two other kids are 4.5 and 2.5. The older one can buckle himself but the younger one can't and probably won't be able to for a while. My concern with keeping the bucket seats is that i'd at minimum have to put one of the triplets in the backseat and it is not easy for us to access the backseat through the middle. So I am hoping with the 60/40 bench it will be easier to access backseat for triplet infant car seats.

OP
OP
M

Mbuondelmonte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow congrats. That would make my head spin.

But I have questions now. Assuming you put 3 car seats across the bench, or even the click in bases. How will your older kids get to the back row? You won’t be able to fold that bench at all.

It pains me to say this, but this might be minivan territory. Or one of those pimped out express vans or transit van.
My plan was to put 3 car seats in the back and and 2 in the middle row to leave the 40 side of the bench accessible to roll up and access the back

jrf0195

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had no idea this was actually possible. Glad I joined the forum!

I have 2014 Tahoe LS Texas all-start (not sure which of those two) edition I'd love to put captains seat in place of my bench for. It's the dark gray color. If there's any interest PM me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexandroid