2018 Yukon XL Buckets for Bench Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peepany

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How difficult is it to make the switch from bench to Captain’s Chairs? Do you have to drill new holes?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
My wife and I are expecting triplets in the next couple of weeks and we're going from 2-5 kids. I am looking to swap my 2nd row bucket seats for a bench. I have a 2018 Yukon XL. The seats are black, electronic fold, and heated. Hoping to find the comparable bench version. Thanks!
Why don't you install a Silverado jump seat in between the captain seats? It looks very sharp. Post 15 shows the final product

Last edited:

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How difficult is it to make the switch from bench to Captain’s Chairs? Do you have to drill new holes?
From the looks of it, you just unbolt the brackets and bolt in the new brackets which the seats are already affixed to. That centerpiece of carpeting also comes out easily as well as it is not connected to the front nor rear carpet.

nicholasortega90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife and I are expecting triplets in the next couple of weeks and we're going from 2-5 kids. I am looking to swap my 2nd row bucket seats for a bench. I have a 2018 Yukon XL. The seats are black, electronic fold, and heated. Hoping to find the comparable bench version. Thanks!
Hi I have a 2016 suburban with a power fold/ heated bench. Where are you located?

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2016 suburban with a power fold/ heated bench. Where are you located?
Just an FYI but I do not believe your seat stitching pattern will be correct, and your second row seats will no longer match the first row.

nicholasortega90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an FYI but I do not believe your seat stitching pattern will be correct, and your second row seats will no longer match the first row.
Thanks for the heads up. The Denali seats have different stitching patterns, but the SLT package should have the same stitching pattern as the LT unless the seats are perforated.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. The Denali seats have different stitching patterns, but the SLT package should have the same stitching pattern as the LT unless the seats are perforated.
I can't confirm that. I thought they were different.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF you are correct and your 2016 Suburban's second row bench seat is the same leather pattern as a 2019 Yukon SLT with black leather, I am located in Northwest Indiana and would love to trade, I'll do the labor too in my driveway.

nicholasortega90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IF you are correct and your 2016 Suburban's second row bench seat is the same leather pattern as a 2019 Yukon SLT with black leather, I am located in Northwest Indiana and would love to trade, I'll do the labor too in my driveway.
I need to trade with someone that has a suburban or Yukon xl because the brackets are different for the Tahoe/ short Yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmikem01