2018 Yukon XL 4x4 38k miles leaking coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msuforeman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I moved my wife's Yukon last night and there was a large puddle of coolant under it. The reservoir was down about 3/4 gallon. I filled it back up and ran it as well as let it idle parked for 20 mins and no drips anywhere. Y'all have a clue what's going on?

Thanks!!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loose reservoir cap? Did you get a recent oil change from a ****** lube place?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought so. Any cracks in the reservoir? Sounds like it had to be under a good bit of pressure to loose that much. Have you been under it yet to trace the leak? Near driver or passenger side? Front or firewall? Heater all the way on and off?

OP
OP
M

Msuforeman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thought so. Any cracks in the reservoir? Sounds like it had to be under a good bit of pressure to loose that much. Have you been under it yet to trace the leak? Near driver or passenger side? Front or firewall? Heater all the way on and off?

I used a paper towel to wipe around the bottom but it was dry. Yes I have been under it and can't find where it originates from. I topped it off the other night and it hasn't leaked again. Very weird.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chalk it up I guess though I hate doing that. She didn’t notice any lights from heat or low reservoir?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts