2018 Tahoe RSE HDMI resolution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jptri

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just recently purchased a 2018 Chevy Tahoe premier with the RSE package. I’m having an issue with the HDMI resolution when trying to hook up an Apple TV or Roku device. The resolution is not going any higher than 480. I’ve seen folks on the forum having this issue but I’m not sure what the fix is. I’ve got to believe that the HDMI port will allow 720 or 1080, especially for a 70,000 vehicle.

OP
OP
J

Jptri

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up trading the Tahoe for a GMC Denali (mainly for the 6.2l). It supports 720p. My guess is it's a combination of equipment, including the resolution of the front and RSE screen itself.

jsun0079

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem of Jptri. Just picked up a 2018 Yukon SLT and tried to connect a Roku Express to the RSE HDMI input and the resolution is too large. Can only see bottom right corner of the Roku screen. Tried to manually set res to 720p with TV in home but it didnt work when returned to the Yukon to connect. Any ideas?

OP
OP
J

Jptri

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds similar to what I had. The resolution would not go higher than 480. The result was that the display showed a blown up picture with only a quarter (bottom left I think) of what you would expect on the Roku home screen.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I set my Apple TV to auto resolution and it says it's output is 720 to the screens.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I set my Apple TV to auto resolution and it says it's output is 720 to the screens.

OP
OP
J

Jptri

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You probably have screens that support 720p. My theory is that there were a small number of 2018 Tahoe/Yukon that replaced the RCA inputs with the new HDMI port but did not get upgraded screens to support higher resolutions. They are stuck at 480p.

OutGolfn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was able to get my Apple TV to work and display in 720p on the RSE. Works great and family loves it.

Last edited: