2018 Denali Lane Departure Warning and Front Parking Assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP needs to find a different dealer.

I have lane departure assist turned off, but front collision with alert with no brakes applied is how I have that set, that's about the least invasive as you can have it set to. It would vibrate the seat and flash red on the HUD whenever it would detect a vehicle in front of me that say was slowing down say for a left hand turn and not all the way in the left hand turn lane. Then the vibration went away and it started beeping at me would display a "service front end collision detection system" (maybe not exact text?) message on the DIC. Mentioned it to my dealer on the my next oil change, they looked into it and found a faulty sensor in the drivers seat that went bad. Actually said it was common that this particular sensor went out on a few vehicles (GMC, Buick, Cadillac dealership). Dealer replaced the sensor and all is back to normal.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If equipped with an additional option to turn it off lol? Weird option!
it's came up in discussion before that some years had the option and some did not, may have something to do with the trim level or optional packages ordered, not really sure.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if my system is operating correctly? I have a 2019 GMC Yukon SLT with lane keep assist as part of the build sheet data. In my opinion, the lane keep assist works very well. The lane keep assist icon will change from GREEN to AMBER and then the electric steering will attempt to correct me. It is very accurate and does a good job.

However, if I don't signal and the vehicle does move out of the lane, nothing happens. The icon doesn't flash at all and just turns off completely as if it is no longer detecting any lane markings. In the two months I have owned the vehicle I have never experienced a lane departure warning of any kind. I have my alerts set to AUDIBLE so I should be hearing a beep rather than a seat vibration.

However I am getting proper beeping for the front and rear parking sensors. But, I don't get any beeping for the blind spot alert. The symbol in the mirror will flash but I do not get any audible alert for that either.

I'm trying to determine if everything is functioning as intended or not. From my searching there is no sound answer as it seems vehicle owners have a lot of varying things to say about lane keep assist/lane departure warning.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vehicle is 13 months old and I just turned over 10k miles. About a week ago I developed a change in my Lane Departure Warning and my Front Parking Assist. I use to get a vibrating seat as soon as the icon for either of these changed in the drivers display. Now the icons change but no vibration or beep (selectble in vehicle settings in the Infotainment Center.) I do get a vibration when the rear sensors detect something.

I had the vehicle at the dealer today and they contacted GMC. The answer they gave me is that the vehicle is behaving as designed!! I can't believe this, since for 13 months it would vibrate immediately when the lane departure icon changed from green to amber.

Having and icon change color is not much of a warning! A vibration or beep is needed and it use to be there.

How is the system working in your vehicle??
I get the vibration in the seat. A dealers favorite thing to say is "everything is working as it should".

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if my system is operating correctly? I have a 2019 GMC Yukon SLT with lane keep assist as part of the build sheet data. In my opinion, the lane keep assist works very well. The lane keep assist icon will change from GREEN to AMBER and then the electric steering will attempt to correct me. It is very accurate and does a good job.

However, if I don't signal and the vehicle does move out of the lane, nothing happens. The icon doesn't flash at all and just turns off completely as if it is no longer detecting any lane markings. In the two months I have owned the vehicle I have never experienced a lane departure warning of any kind. I have my alerts set to AUDIBLE so I should be hearing a beep rather than a seat vibration.

However I am getting proper beeping for the front and rear parking sensors. But, I don't get any beeping for the blind spot alert. The symbol in the mirror will flash but I do not get any audible alert for that either.

I'm trying to determine if everything is functioning as intended or not. From my searching there is no sound answer as it seems vehicle owners have a lot of varying things to say about lane keep assist/lane departure warning.

I’m trying to understand your questions. In paragraph 1 you state lane keep assist works, and the way you describe it is the way mine works.

Paragraph 2 you state if you do NOT signal? Isn’t that the same use case as paragraph 1? Because if you do signal then lane keep assist is disabled.

Paragraph 3: that functions as designed. I don’t get any audible warning from blind spot warnings. It’s all visual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about for lane departure warning? Are you able to force an alert by crossing lane markings without signaling?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to understand your questions. In paragraph 1 you state lane keep assist works, and the way you describe it is the way mine works.

Paragraph 2 you state if you do NOT signal? Isn’t that the same use case as paragraph 1? Because if you do signal then lane keep assist is disabled.

Paragraph 3: that functions as designed. I don’t get any audible warning from blind spot warnings. It’s all visual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serious question. Does your Expedition lane departure work the same way? I wish my yukon would hold itself in a lane no matter how aggressive a turn. Curious what ford is doing.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read here that he has an Escalade not an Expedition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy