2018 Denali Lane Departure Warning and Front Parking Assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 19 has had the light on the mirror come on at random times since it was new (3k miles now). Its had "front sensor blocked, refer to owners manual. Forward collision disabled" come on twice. The first time it was pouring rain so I assumed that was the issue. The second time it was clear and nothing around me. Last week my wife was driving and it popped up "take control of the wheel". I'm not sure if these issues are common or not. I haven't had time to take it in to the dealer.
I got that driving home from dealer, i was seeing how much it would float in the lane, it went side to side then beeped and vibrated and said take control....

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got that driving home from dealer, i was seeing how much it would float in the lane, it went side to side then beeped and vibrated and said take control....

She was just driving up the two lane road. She said she wasn't on the line but who knows. The seat should've vibrated if she was getting close, I would think

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If equipped, LKA may help avoid crashes due to unintentional lane departures. It may assist by gently turning the steering wheel if the vehicle approaches a detected lane marking without using a turn signal in that direction. It may also provide a Lane Departure Warning (LDW) alert as the lane marking is crossed. The system will not assist or alert if it detects that you are actively steering. Override LKA by turning the steering wheel. LKA uses a camera to detect lane markings between 60 km/h (37 mph) and 180 km/h (112 mph).

applegate123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a Tahoe Premier with 12K miles. Trying to troubleshoot the same issue as the OP. Since this is my first use of the vehicle, I don't know if this is a model year feature change. Seat buzzes when getting close to objects when parking, but does not buzz during lane departures. I just traded a 2015 Tahoe and it did buzz the left or right of seat depending on the line that it was crossing.

applegate123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My vehicle is 13 months old and I just turned over 10k miles. About a week ago I developed a change in my Lane Departure Warning and my Front Parking Assist. I use to get a vibrating seat as soon as the icon for either of these changed in the drivers display. Now the icons change but no vibration or beep (selectble in vehicle settings in the Infotainment Center.) I do get a vibration when the rear sensors detect something.

I had the vehicle at the dealer today and they contacted GMC. The answer they gave me is that the vehicle is behaving as designed!! I can't believe this, since for 13 months it would vibrate immediately when the lane departure icon changed from green to amber.

Having and icon change color is not much of a warning! A vibration or beep is needed and it use to be there.

How is the system working in your vehicle??

The windshield was replaced on my truck prior to my purchase - I was questioning if this had anything to do with my issue. I assume that you did not have a windshield replaced? I have not been to dealer yet - if I get the same answer, I will want to test drive a new vehicle to determine if it behaves the same. But as you indicated, it was working "correctly" during the first year of ownership..... the only way to test it is let go of the steering wheel???????

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on the highway this morning and I did drift over the line. The seat did vibrate on the left side which was the side I drifted. This wasn’t intentional. I was about half over the line. It got my attention. So I tried to replicate again and I could not. I think a lot has to do with if the vehicle is getting any input like acceleration, steering etc. My take, it’s there when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL
I'd do all that I could to turn these annoying features OFF.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL
I'd do all that I could to turn these annoying features OFF.

You can’t turn ACC off.

Well, I guess you could disconnect the camera or module and the acc literally wouldn’t work.

But you’d have to put up with a constant error message.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can’t turn ACC off.

Well, I guess you could disconnect the camera or module and the acc literally wouldn’t work.

But you’d have to put up with a constant error message.
on some models you can, it has been noted on the forum before and confirmed on the GM owners center website

acc.JPG