2017 Yukon xl ticks every second

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmfm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
50k on the clock. I seen a post in the past with someone with what sounded like a similar problem, but couldn’t find it in the search so here we go.

2017 Yukon xl it makes a ticking noise in 1second intervals and with a stethoscope my best guess was around the bell housing. I have a link to the video if anyone has any input on what it could be.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ticking isn’t normal ticking usually comes from a lifter a sticky valve or vacuum. Is the sound obvious from any angle? Not just by your belts as in a bearing on your alternator or idler pulley?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the Death Clock ticking away for the torque converter ...or A/C condenser ...or valve train ...or transmission ...or shocks/struts ...or door pillar trim clips ...or infotainment integrity ...or liftgate actuator...

You'd think that, with such a premium vehicle, GM would have at least used a digital Death Clock. I guess even that was another cut corner.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine the death clock is the engine hours in DIC it counts backwards

Reaction score
50k on the clock. I seen a post in the past with someone with what sounded like a similar problem, but couldn’t find it in the search so here we go.

2017 Yukon xl it makes a ticking noise in 1second intervals and with a stethoscope my best guess was around the bell housing. I have a link to the video if anyone has any input on what it could be.

Any updates ? did you figure out the cause of this sound yet ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV