2017 Yukon Ignition Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamoody

Reaction score
I have an intermittent ignition problem. I turn the key to Start and the dashboard lights go out (except the check engine light) but the starter doesn't turn over, just dead silence (including the radio). It's NOT a battery issue; when it does finally start it turns over normally. The first time it happened, after I got it started I drove immediately to a mechanic who confirmed there were no error codes (of course it was running at the time), that the alternator output was fine, and the battery voltage was normal (battery was only 2 months old). The car has 50K miles on it. I thought it might be the starter solenoid so had the starter replaced and didn't have any more problems for a few months. Then again tonight I had a repeat of the failure. After an hour of trying periodically it started immediately. After driving home I turned off the engine and immediately tried to start and again the starter failed to turn over.
Any ideas? Maybe the starter relay, bad ignition switch, neutral switch interlock, computer chip? Do I just take it to the mechanic and have them shutgun it?

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for the heck of it, change the battery in the key fob. I had to go as far as replace the antennae for the remote because I had a similiar issue.

Reaction score
I vaguely remember something about a ground wire being faulty on these sometimes. I’m on my phone otherwise I’d look it up for you. Check that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts