2017 Yukon Denali Concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strickland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time posting but wanted to get y'all's opinion on something.

Picked up my wife's 2017 Yukon Denali White Frost Tricoat on the 21st.

Went to wash and wax and rain-x and discovered that the windows had lots of grime. It wasn't water spots but when you wipe over them, you can see the grime. I had to resort to using my window cleaner scrub to get it off. After spending 6 hours on the windows except the windshield, I opened a case with GMC because I also noticed that the vehicle in general did not have much, if any, wax on it.

This vehicle was a special order and I picked it up 5 days after it rolled off the truck.

My 2005 Yukon Denali has a better wax job than this 78K vehicle when you run your hand across the hood or look at the windows.

I've already been to the dealership twice where there were scratches he's on the rear light and headlight. They actually couldn't get rid of the scratch on the headlight and are ordering a new one. Going over the vehicle today I've found other scrubs around the bottom molding.

My question is if this a normal issue or do I have reason to blame the dealer and have them fix it?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It's new, I'd expect it to be perfect too. Dealer or manufacturing defect. If it isnt right don't settle until it is.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have same issues with windshield on my 16 , on the inside there is grime and i cant get it off, you cant see it until sun hits it

2manycars4me

Reaction score
Had the same problem on my 16. The inside window actually had a suction cup mark like the robots use to put the window in. I finally got it cleaned off. The pain was horrible from the dealership and I raised hell with no results from both the dealer and GM. I clayed the whole truck, polished it and sealed it with Zaino. It was a rough two day event to get everything cleaned and sealed. You would think with the most expensive paint on these trucks the dealer would take a little better care in delivering them. I've since found a different dealer about 30 minutes away to service my vehicle.

OP
OP
S

strickland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting because I had suction cup marks on the side windows that I was finally able to get clean.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i still have that mark from suction cup. I dont knkw what it was for. How did you cleaned yours

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little light polish conpund will take those suction cup marks off the glass. Just take a soft very lightly abrasive polish on a clean microfiber and polish it off by hand. And then take another clean towel and take the remains of polish off and you should be good to go. With that being said the manufacturer or dealership doesn't put an actual wax product on your vehicles surface when Its new unless they sell you a specific product that they use and sell it as a package service. Your vehicle should have a thick layer of clear coat covering paint. If there's clearocat issues then you would have cause to complain on a brand new vehicle.

OP
OP
S

strickland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used the Rain-X extreme clean paste and a cutting pad on my drill. Started out using my arm but that quickly got old.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the suction cup marks on my front windshield as well. I clean my windows with rubbing alcohol as recommended by my tint guy and used it on the windshield and it came right off. I bought 2 containers of armorall window cleaners wipes and they are useless compared to the rubbing alcohol.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the suction cup marks on my front windshield as well. I clean my windows with rubbing alcohol as recommended by my tint guy and used it on the windshield and it came right off. I bought 2 containers of armorall window cleaners wipes and they are useless compared to the rubbing alcohol.

Yeah i used rubbing alcohol too but now whole windhield more cloudy than before. Anyone have this issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz