2017 Yukon - 20's or 22's & Power Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henrye

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new here, and I'm thinking about buying a 2017 Yukon Denali. I've read alot of issues with the tires and I was wondering which way should I go? 20" wheels or 22" wheels?

Also what is your experience with the Power running boards? Worth it? Any issues?

Thanks!

GMMillwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems that most issues with the 22s were likely due to tires, not wheel size. I have the power boards. Expensive, but worth it to me. Puddle lights underneath are a nice touch.

gdfein

Reaction score
Same thoughts. Wheels should be a looks preference. I prefer the 22" and have them on both mine. I suppose the 20" with physically more rubber and taller sidewalls should provide some additional cushioning to the ride. Only true test is drive both and see which you prefer. As prior post noted the OEM tires on the 22" have been reported by others to not be the greatest. I still have original rubber so can't share my experience.

Power side steps are awesome and a must for me. Love the puddle lights too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone been able to see the new 22" wheel option for 2017? I wonder if it's similar or same as the SLT Premium 22 wheel option offered in 16. I know the 22" with chrome inserts have been deleted for 2017.

jdeastbay

Reaction score
Love my 22"s and power running boards. Not a fan of my chrome inserts, wish they deleted them for 2016;)

jdeastbay

Reaction score
From a GM press release a few months old:

In addition, the 22-inch aluminum wheels with chrome wheel insert is no longer available as a production wheel, being switched to an LPO accessory with a new production code, but a new 22-inch ultra-bright aluminum wheel with Midnight Silver premium paint is added exclusively to the Denali trim level. Rounding out the changes to the 2017 Yukon’s wheel lineup is a new set of accessory (LPO) 22-inch, 7-spoke Silver wheels with chrome inserts; these are available on all trims.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power running boards are a complete gimmick but I love them. Especially at night. Makes me laugh to myself every time they go out. Completely over the top. But fun.

Sent from my DynaTac8000 using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my 22"s and power running boards. Not a fan of my chrome inserts, wish they deleted them for 2016;)

The 2016 22s do have option without inserts. The same 22 denali wheel style is deleted entirely for 2017.

MiamiTony

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I saw these lovelys at the auto show. On the 17 black Denali. Would that look good on the white ? Can't really tell on the pic but it's dark satin looking.

image.jpeg

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing according to the GM release these are the new 22 denali wheels. " new 22-inch ultra-bright aluminum wheel with Midnight Silver premium paint is added exclusively to the Denali trim level"

I wonder what the new optional 22 wheel is that's available for all trim levels?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019