Power running board fix discovered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
I had those things on a truck a while back, I am in MA so not as much snow, but in the hills we still get plenty. I hated them, instant regret and remorse in buying them after the first snow. I will never own a pair again. The oil fix is good to know, but there is no fix for the snow and ice jamming into them and freezing.

You can tell certain cars/products are invented by people who never have felt the cold in their life. We had a telluride before this and the windshield wipers sit below the hood and you literally can't clear the snow out of them in the morning.

Cali designer life I guess!

RoadTrip

Reaction score
You can tell certain cars/products are invented by people who never have felt the cold in their life. We had a telluride before this and the windshield wipers sit below the hood and you literally can't clear the snow out of them in the morning.

This is truth! How about recessed door handles and flush fit door edges that fill with freezing rain, assuring that yours doors are sealed shut?

I used see videos of “test teams” from manufacturers with their vehicles in Duluth, learning how winter weather changes how a vehicle operates and drives.

Cost cutting shut down the R&D apparently.

fr8bil

Reaction score
Dealer turned me onto Kroil penetrating oil.
Haven’t had any more trouble with regular use.
Great product for sure but I discovered similar results and performance to Kroil with less expensive FREE ALL penetrating oil. Of all the crazy places, I learned about this product from a good old boy at the local trailer repair shop when my utility trailer's, foldable, rear drive-on gate's hinges froze up and this product fixed them in 3 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan