2017 Tahoe trans needs replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cousin and his wife were 5 miles from their SWFL condo when their Tahoe trans failed at 93k. With it slipping the last bit they got to the condo. We lent them our old Trail Blazer while their gets replaced. Metal shavings in the Torque Converter. Rebuilt GM unit being installed next week.

Is this typical?

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there seems to be a high rate of torque converter failures. Was the trans ever serviced? Also GM sent out a bulletin recently to replace the temp control valve if vehicle comes in with transmission problems. The temp is being lowered from 195 to 150. I just replaced my valve yesterday but only have 45k miles on it. Heat is a killer in transmissions.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my Torque Converter on my 2016 [120K miles] is on the way out. Trans was serviced every 35K miles by the dealer.

Noticed it slightly the day I left NYC two weeks ago and felt it more when I got into bumper to bumper traffic in Northern Virginia. Made it back to Miami with it. Not slipping that bad yet but I know it needs to get to the dealer soon. Glad my Hoe did not leave me stranded on I-95 on my way back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan