2017 Chevy Tahoe...transmission shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Felicia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! My 2017 Chevy Z71 Midnight Edition Tahoe (purchased in July 2017, 14,200 miles already!) has been great so far, but I can't get used to the way the transmission shifts - it seems to shift at weird times (versus my old 2010 Chevy suburban) and it seems to shift hard (I especially notice this around 75 - 83 mph) Does anyone else notice this?

IMG_0856.jpg

MTVP

Reaction score
Sorry , I do not. My 17 Esky 6.2 8 speed does not shift that way ever. It will however when cold and leaving the garage first thing. Search and freewheel for the right gear during the first 100 ft. Once it is up to operating temp all shifting is smooth. I know that does not answer your question but is my observation of my vehicle. It might be time for a dealership visit to reflash the transmission module as possible fix.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the trans fluid temp when it's doing this?

(You should have a screen in the DIC display. If not, go to options in the setup and select it-put a check mark in the box- to be able to view it)

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between 75-83 mph do not even feel the shifting..Sometimes it is a little weird in slow traffic between 15-45 mph..I am sure the AFM has something to do with it..All my previous rental 2015-2016 Tahoe's and Suburban's [around 8 of them] were the exact same way.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, sorry to ask but...

Look at the tach when it does it. Do the RPM's drop? Just checking to make sure it's the trans and shifting, not something else imitating a shift.

Josep1988

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Between 75-83 mph do not even feel the shifting..Sometimes it is a little weird in slow traffic between 15-45 mph..I am sure the AFM has something to do with it..All my previous rental 2015-2016 Tahoe's and Suburban's [around 8 of them] were the exact same way.
Im having the same problem together with a rough idle i have 35789 miles almost at the end of my warraty and the dealer continues to tell me the nothing is wrong so i park it at home not to be move.....was you able to find a fix to your problem ??

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felicia, welcome to the forum. ::welcome:
Also, what is your driving style? That has a lot to do with it. Do you drive "normal"? Or do you do more "spirited" type of driving. As in "Do you drive it like you stole it?" I drive mine like I stole it, unless I have a passenger or two with me. But when I'm alone, I floor the hell out it. Lol

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im having the same problem together with a rough idle i have 35789 miles almost at the end of my warraty and the dealer continues to tell me the nothing is wrong so i park it at home not to be move.....was you able to find a fix to your problem ??

Was never fixed. After 50K miles I do not even notice it anymore..Dealer said it was normal..Since all my rentals did it I assumed it was normal..I do get the rough idle but it is very infrequently..It really does not bother me. It is not a nasty rough idle. Does it maybe twice a week in gridlock traffic for short.

I have the extended bumper to bumper warranty till 125K miles so if it gets bad will take it back to the dealer. I have 50K miles on my Tahoe now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove