2017 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 33" tires rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jj88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm helping improve this new vehicle purchase.

So far 2.5" spacers have been put on the front struts to level it.

Transmission cooler, Air Box, Rear Diff Cover and aftermarket exhaust will be done soon.

285/70/17 tires (33" diameter) are rubbing on the front, stock are 20" 275/55/20 31.9" diameter.

Any good instructions how how to deal with the front wheel wells?

Thanks

DADW4GN

Reaction score
I dont have the same setup (6" lift w/ 35" tires), but certainly had to do some trimming of valence and front bumper. Some tape to mark the line and a cutting wheel, then smooth the edges. Hammered back a small part of the rear of front wheels as well. Was able to cut front valence and bumper right up to the first clip that connects the two together and it was enough. Didn't have to cut out past the clip and zip tie or anything.

Make the line gradual by starting the trim higher up, and the eye doesn't notice the change in angle once cut.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/newbie-intro-6-rc-lift-22-oem-chrome-35-mts.122872/page-2

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Caution with the passenger fender liner, your rear ac lines runs behind it.

Take a good look at the front leg of the upper control arms, the tire may be scrubbing in that area.

Most fixes are easy, and have plenty of room to add clearance...contact with hard parts is a separate issue as new wheels or spacers will be needed.

OP
OP
J

jj88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A tire mechanic is going to deal with this, I was just curious what know-how was out there. Not sure about wheel off-set. The mechanic did say the tire rub is fairly minimal and will be easy to deal with.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m running a 275/70R18 on stock wheels with 1.25” lift with no rubbing for reference.

OP
OP
J

jj88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey I wanted to come back and thank you all for the help. The tire mechanic never ended up helping with the tire rub, today we just lightly sledge hammered it.

The metal AC lines were right where you said they were and had we not known that, and starting sledging away without first removing the cover to see where the metal lines were at... we could have caused damage. Appreciate it.

Now there is pretty much no rub. But not enough space to put chains on the front.

Oh, we also drilled a small hole in the metal for a plastic body clip to keep the wheel liner pulled back a little more on the right front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01