2016 Yukon XL completely loses power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MB45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So started having this issue last year. Truck acts like there’s no battery in vehicle. First few incidents were solved with a jump pack. Took to two shops they couldn’t find a problem. Took to Chevy dealer and they said my aftermarket tail lights were the issue. (Truck had the notorious led failure , replaced with cheaper aftermarket lights. After dealer diagnosis I bought a set of brand new oem tail lights and removed aftermarket. This took me about 6 months since it seemed to go back to normal for a while. After installing the new oem tail lights it’s failing more than ever. Jump pack no longer solves the problem , I have to disconnect the battery and wait about 10 minutes. Reconnect and it’s fine (so far). I am sick of this truck leaving my wife and kids stranded. I would greatly appreciate any advice as far as where to go next. Truck has a k&n intake and Gibson cat back exhaust fwiw

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you replaced the battery? Checked for loose grounds?

Tim

OP
OP
M

MB45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Battery was replaced last January. Has never needed a charge, is the one component I can eliminate as the problem. Grounds , well I have not checked. Any advice on where to begin?

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the ground wire connection to the frame behind the passenger front wheel liner. Does not require removal of wheel OR wheel liner to access. Remove ground wire bolt and clean the contact points on the frame and wire connection. Report back with your findings, please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout