2016 Yukon SLT Premium Rim problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Naz 23 Esky

Reaction score
Needless to say I was pretty sad to see this pop up on my rims after washing it this weekend. Truck is only 4 months old and 8k km peeling like this should not happen. Taking to dealer to sew what they have to say. Should not happen on an 81k vehicle. Anyone else experience this?
So far having them look at the following.
Chrome rims peeling
Fogged tail lights both sides
Sound under light acceleration like a plastic bag in the wind.
Love the truck just annoyed about the chrome. DSC_1001.JPG DSC_1000.JPG DSC_0999.JPG DSC_0998.JPG

blow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Needless to say I was pretty sad to see this pop up on my rims after washing it this weekend. Truck is only 4 months old and 8k km peeling like this should not happen. Taking to dealer to sew what they have to say. Should not happen on an 81k vehicle. Anyone else experience this?
So far having them look at the following.
Chrome rims peeling
Fogged tail lights both sides
Sound under light acceleration like a plastic bag in the wind.
Love the truck just annoyed about the chrome. View attachment 74932 View attachment 74933 View attachment 74934 View attachment 74935
any pictures of the fogged tails?

PremiumEdition

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where are you located? Have you driven on salted roads? I live in Arkansas and have had my Premium Edition since October and have not seen peeling on the wheels. I did have an issue with an exhaust manifold that wasn't aligned properly. When I started the engine first thing in the morning I could hear a slight exhaust leak that went away as the engine warmed up. It took the dealer a couple days to find it. I have not noticed any fogging of the taillights.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you take it to the car wash? Becareful they got some powerful stuff for rims. That might damage the chrome.
And the taillights I get them once in a while. Back to normal on a sunny day. no biggy for me.

OP
OP
Naz 23 Esky

Naz 23 Esky

Reaction score
Live in Ontario didn't think salt could do that for just a few months. Finally back from the dealer they ordered 2 new Rims and 2 New tail lights under warranty considering I've had it under 4 months. I was very particular about the rims didn't spray water directly on them hoped me washing the car weekly didn't cause that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts