Advice on 2021 Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMGator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Evening, obviously first post here, finally signed up! I Put a deposit down and am waiting on a 2021 Yukon SLT to arrive hopefully this week. I‘m 43 and a lifelong GM guy, I currently Have a 2011 Tahoe LTZ FWD that I’m keeping. My work truck finally died so I’m keeping my wife’s Tahoe and getting the new Yukon for her and the family. Im just curious if anyone has any advice before I sign off Wednesday. It is RWD, with the SLT premium package, rear bucket seats and satin steel metallic. The only other feature I really wanted was the 22”s but that’s probably better after market anyhow. We are very familiar with these trucks, we rented a 21 Suburban for a week in October for a trip to Cincinnati (we live in St Augustine FL). We were very happy with the features but just want to know if there is anything I need to ask or should get before closing the deal. I wanted to order one in January but my hand has been forced sooner and obviously I’m limited in availability. I appreciate any thoughts, I will post pics as soon as I have It! Initial plans are matte black 22s, chrome delete and window tint as well as ceramic coating.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a fairly similar ride...'21 slt with premium package in satin steel metallic. Got it tinted, ceramic coated, debadged, working on a chrome delete. Ours is an XL with 2nd row bench seat. We hated the oem tires but if you're getting different wheels you won't have to worry about them. Had a big water leak at 3K miles that soaked the driver side carpets but other than that this vehicle has been fantastic. Averaging 18.5 mpg mixed city/highway and am happy with that. Got about 6000 miles on her now and it's a sweet ride.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing the surround vision package is probably included in that? That’s the one thing for me I needed on my ‘21 Tahoe as it makes it a lot easier to see where you’re parking. If you end up with a ‘22 and have that option, they now added a button to make it easier to launch the surround vision.

Otherwise no issues with mine.

I’m not sure what engine that comes with but if it’s the 6.2L, just keep in mind that requires Premium gas which can make filling up more expensive.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

OP
OP
G

GMGator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.
So it just got delivered to the dealer, I’m feeling very lucky based on what I’ve heard! Thanks for the advice, it does have the 5.3 and the surround vision, looking forward to that! I will definitely be posting on here a lot, I have many things to don the Tahoe LTZ as well as the Yukon. The Tahoe is a “mom” vehicle so need to make it mine lol. Looking forward to all of it, thanks guys!

Attachments

• 8D6672DB-F69C-4B3C-8427-B52DC87F44DC.jpeg
    8D6672DB-F69C-4B3C-8427-B52DC87F44DC.jpeg
    539.8 KB · Views: 28

Joe Butcher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Evening, obviously first post here, finally signed up! I Put a deposit down and am waiting on a 2021 Yukon SLT to arrive hopefully this week. I‘m 43 and a lifelong GM guy, I currently Have a 2011 Tahoe LTZ FWD that I’m keeping. My work truck finally died so I’m keeping my wife’s Tahoe and getting the new Yukon for her and the family. Im just curious if anyone has any advice before I sign off Wednesday. It is RWD, with the SLT premium package, rear bucket seats and satin steel metallic. The only other feature I really wanted was the 22”s but that’s probably better after market anyhow. We are very familiar with these trucks, we rented a 21 Suburban for a week in October for a trip to Cincinnati (we live in St Augustine FL). We were very happy with the features but just want to know if there is anything I need to ask or should get before closing the deal. I wanted to order one in January but my hand has been forced sooner and obviously I’m limited in availability. I appreciate any thoughts, I will post pics as soon as I have It! Initial plans are matte black 22s, chrome delete and window tint as well as ceramic coating.
Hello, As you live in Fl. this comment may not be important to you,but I am currently on my 3rd (2013) Tahoe with the G80 locking differential. Your model (Yukon) will have the G86. I spent hours on line and at the dealer and never could get the (real) answer why? The G80 did not always play well with traction control,one has to have the incite when to turn that off! ( It was a savior on severe ice and snow!) I have experienced the G86 and know issues here. All of my Tahoe's have had Recovery hooks on the front, I have used them to help others and myself pulling the dock and other light duty functions. NOW, your vehicle will not have them as they only come on the off-road version. Just sayin,this may not intrest a Fl. Tahoe/Yukon owner but it does me in the North country.