2016 Yukon Denali - No Rear Cargo Overhead Light? There is now! (DIY Guide)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

damitchell

Reaction score
Ok got it working as it should just like all the other lights in the cabin. It was a combination of bad connection and a bad wire... Replaced both on both ends and good to go!

OP
OP
D

damitchell

Reaction score
Ok now that the wiring is correct the LEDs are much much brighter and the buttons are illuminated like the rest of cabin lights... It is just about an inch maybe 1.5 off center but I'm good.

Thats all I got guys... good luck...

25.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, can see all the pics

i like it
nice modding

chuckm04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice write up. I have been looking for a better solution to light up the rear. I have been using a stick on LED light.

jenielsen

Reaction score
I really like the looks of the "stock" install. A while back I saw another guy who used a white LED strip light across the back. I've thought about doing that but just haven't found the time.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
excellent thread...it's amazing how STUPID the interior engineers were.

FYI, on the old GM's, the door pins switched "ground" instead of power (on the old rear view mirrors with built interior lights), so if you are changing somethings, you have to meter power & ground both to find out what GM did.

did you try to buy the GM Connector & plug to use that to wire it up?

OP
OP
D

damitchell

Reaction score
excellent thread...it's amazing how STUPID the interior engineers were.

FYI, on the old GM's, the door pins switched "ground" instead of power (on the old rear view mirrors with built interior lights), so if you are changing somethings, you have to meter power & ground both to find out what GM did.

did you try to buy the GM Connector & plug to use that to wire it up?

Hey there,, sorry guess I turned off notifications... no didn't try buying the harness/connector... would have been easier for sure....

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, i can't believe they would delete this light for 2016. Our 15 SLT has a 3rd lamp in rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33

Latest posts