2016 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Bought a 16 2wd yesterday with 22k miles. It wasn't purchased originally until early 17, so I lucked out on bumper to bumper warranty until early 2020. It has the 20' "chrome" looking factory wheels and all 4 look bad (peel/chip). Anyway dealer ordered 4 new wheels, should be in soon.
Since it's RWD, I'd appreciate some recommendations on decent all around tires. Don't want loud swampers for the freeways, but would like decent grip for the snow. Thanks in advance.

On a side note, any idea the capacity of the rear diff fluid? Can't find it in the manual. Would like to change that too. I know it's fine to leave it, but I would like to change it.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your tahoe

First thing I would recommend is asking if the can put the 20” aluminum wheels on. The chrome is really just a cover of sorts.

Tires? 275/55R20 Michelin defender m/s and don’t look back.

Smooth riding long lasting. Great rain and snow traction.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+2 on the Michelin Defenders.

If you have the 8.6" 10-bolt rear which I believe you do, the capacity is 2.15 quarts or just fill it to just under the opening, 1 to 19 mm below the plug according to your manual.

Post up some photos when you bring her home!

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on tires. Believe me, I tried for the silver or black wheels vs the chrome whatever these things are. No luck, in order for GM to cover this as a warranty claim, it must be like for like. I have 2 other cars, both summer fun cars, both with black wheels. The Tahoe will be my daily, so after a couple winters, these chrome ones will look like garbage again. Oh well.

I'm a car guy, but new to this gen Tahoe. I'd appreciate any tricks or tips you guys may have. I had a 07 Tahoe when they came out, but owned that for a very short period of time

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s the only photo I took. I brought it home last night, cleaned and polished out a few minor scratches it had today. The previous owner seemed to have been extremely careful with it. It’s a LS, but has a few options added. More than enough for my daily needs. Interior looks brand new.

44772606-DFB2-42B8-AC5C-C018C85615EA.jpeg

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! Your 2016 Tahoe looks perfect. I am sure you will love it.
Welcome from Miami Beach George!!

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Defenders for sure.

If you want to push the envelope a bit towards A/T, I have a colleague who just put Goodyear Adventures on his and he likes them. I've had people tell me the Defenders are actually better in the snow though.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the others on the Defenders!! I am waiting for my Continentals to wear out. I am at 39K miles on my 2016 Hoe so getting there slowly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeskarS