2016 Tahoe - retractable running board vs stationary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Escalade, I didn't see a button for the steps (when I was in a Premium model loaner), it has an option in the CUE system though.

Escalades are unique with switch placements and the CUE system. It does more than the Tahoe Yukon platform. However, a majority of the circuits are the same.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why so many wires for 1 operation?

There are approx. 12 different circuits between the step motors and module not including the 4 coming from under the hood.

There’s power & ground wires along with L & R extend & retract circuits plus position sensor circuits, GMLAN, disable and puddle lamp circuits.

jeffhemenway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OEM non power boards are simple to swap out. Sad thing is they’re still pricey as hell. You’ll be better off taking your power boards off, selling them locally (they’ll cost a ton to ship) and buy a set of stationary boards. I’m sure guys on here would trade no problem
I will trade my stock non-retractable ones in a heartbeat!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me the Tahoe’s with the stationary running board look better and more aggressive. I prefer the styling of it over the retractable ones. I don’t really care about clearance or any of that. Strictly highway driven. How big a job is it to remove the retractable steps and put in OEM stationary ones? Cost?

Mine is stationary, but I tried my best to get the retractable ones but with no luck. For me retractable is better especially with 22” wheels, so beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobertHunden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To me the Tahoe’s with the stationary running board look better and more aggressive. I prefer the styling of it over the retractable ones. I don’t really care about clearance or any of that. Strictly highway driven. How big a job is it to remove the retractable steps and put in OEM stationary ones? Cost?

Your profile doesn't say where you're located. PNW? I'd be happy to meet up, swap running boards, and pay you the difference.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an Escalade, I didn't see a button for the steps (when I was in a Premium model loaner), it has an option in the CUE system though.

My Escalade has a software “switch” in the Cue system too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10