2016 Tahoe LTZ..Number 8 Fuse Continuously Blowing, Front Drivers Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zcb350fb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 2wd with a front driver’s side number 8 location fuse that continues to blow. The fuse is for the SEO RAP. Does anyone here have any idea where i could start looking to see what might be causing the fuse to blow?
This all started because the sunroof stopped working. After doing some research on this forum and others, i found that people had this same fuse blowing and stopping the sunroof from working. I replaced the switch for the sunroof control, the sunroof still didn’t work.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated! The Tahoe is out of warranty by the way so i am trying to avoid the dealership

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 2wd with a front driver’s side number 8 location fuse that continues to blow. The fuse is for the SEO RAP. Does anyone here have any idea where i could start looking to see what might be causing the fuse to blow?
This all started because the sunroof stopped working. After doing some research on this forum and others, i found that people had this same fuse blowing and stopping the sunroof from working. I replaced the switch for the sunroof control, the sunroof still didn’t work.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated! The Tahoe is out of warranty by the way so i am trying to avoid the dealership

Zach, do you want to throw parts at it or find out what's wrong? If the latter, get yourself a VXDIAG NANO or a GM MDI with GDS software and then you can see the internal codes and run tests to find things out. You could start by getting a subscription to the shop manual at AllDataDIY and then see the wiring diagram which might allow you to solve the problem before spending money on the diagnostic tools. If you plan to keep the truck, get it anyway.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it has been my experience that when sunroof's stop working it's usually the motor went bad

Alan J

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I had the same issue...#8 blowing continuously and sunroof stopped working. The problem was the wire harness going to the wireless charger on the console cover. The wire insulation cracked at the hinge, so every time I opened the console the fuse would blow. This was on a 2016 Tahoe. Discovered it when the console smelled like an electrical fire

chefjohn2006

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue...#8 blowing continuously and sunroof stopped working. The problem was the wire harness going to the wireless charger on the console cover. The wire insulation cracked at the hinge, so every time I opened the console the fuse would blow. This was on a 2016 Tahoe. Discovered it when the console smelled like an electrical fire
Thank you for sharing, the same thing just happened in my 2018 Sierra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972