2016 Tahoe LTZ/Lateral Arm (Track Bar) replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeZ78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I have a 2016 Tahoe LTZ and recently noticed a squeaking and clunking noise coming from the rear end when driving over bumps. I narrowed it down to the lateral arm (track bar). I has a lot of play side to side when you rock the vehicle and seems to be the main source of the squeaking noise. I ordered a new OEM (GM) lateral arm and plan to install it this weekend. Install seems pretty straight forward. To remove the right hand side mounting bolt, you have to remove the upper sway bar link bolt to swing it out of the way. The only issue is I can't find the torques for the 2 bolts that mount the lateral arm to the chassis or the torque for the upper bolt on the RH sway bar link. Any help would be appreciated.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

No worries at all on posting your question in the wrong section of this Forum. It happens all the time. You will receive respectful responses from the overwhelming majority of folks on this Forum. @Miami-Dade Please move the OP's thread to the correct section.

I cannot personally help you with the torque specs question, but other knowledgeable folks on this Forum have access to torque specs data bases, and they will chime in to answer your question.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Joe!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I have a 2016 Tahoe LTZ and recently noticed a squeaking and clunking noise coming from the rear end when driving over bumps. I narrowed it down to the lateral arm (track bar). I has a lot of play side to side when you rock the vehicle and seems to be the main source of the squeaking noise. I ordered a new OEM (GM) lateral arm and plan to install it this weekend. Install seems pretty straight forward. To remove the right hand side mounting bolt, you have to remove the upper sway bar link bolt to swing it out of the way. The only issue is I can't find the torques for the 2 bolts that mount the lateral arm to the chassis or the torque for the upper bolt on the RH sway bar link. Any help would be appreciated.

This is from my shop manual but should be the same for yours. Ignore the 2500 stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011