2016 Tahoe bench seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not the 3rd, but the second row seat in my 16 Tahoe, which is a bench, rattles when the seat is up in the normal position. This is the larger half behind the driver seat. Any known trouble points before I take it apart to see what the problem is?
Thanks.

Adamysu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not the 3rd, but the second row seat in my 16 Tahoe, which is a bench, rattles when the seat is up in the normal position. This is the larger half behind the driver seat. Any known trouble points before I take it apart to see what the problem is?
Thanks.
I know this is an old post but I have the same issue on my 2016 Yukon xl. I think the rattle is coming from the floor latch closest to the door. Just curious if you found a fix for it?? TIA

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old post but I have the same issue on my 2016 Yukon xl. I think the rattle is coming from the floor latch closest to the door. Just curious if you found a fix for it?? TIA

I’ve wrapped electrical tape around the floor latch, but there’s still something else there. I’m in the process of swapping my cloth to leather seats. I’ll keep you posted

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it will work on the bench seat but this was a problem in my wife's yukon with the buckets. I found a SB the fix was to lower the seat and firmly slam it back into the lock position. You need to do this 4 or 5 times and it fixed my problem with the seat rattle, somehow the force aligns the latch mechanism. Hope this helps

mck024

Reaction score
Any update on this issue? The 2nd row bench seat, drivers side, in our 16 suburban rattles like crazy when the seat is up. When it’s folded down, or someone is sitting in the seat, the rattling stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on this issue? The 2nd row bench seat, drivers side, in our 16 suburban rattles like crazy when the seat is up. When it’s folded down, or someone is sitting in the seat, the rattling stops.

Nothing. I tore it apart, everything was rock solid inside. Have you tried electrical tape on the floor latches? Helped tremendously with mine

mck024

Reaction score
I will try the tape this weekend. Anything to get some rattle relief!

mck024

Reaction score
The tape seems to have worked. Silence, for now. The source of the rattle is the latch assembly on the right side. Doesn’t seat well with the catch on the floor.

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I can confirm the noise gets worse in the bitter cold. Much quieter in the summer.
Since I saw the inner workings of these seats and can’t do anything about it, I’m considering ordering 2 80lbs ACME anvils and strapping them to the rear seats.