2015 Yukon Denali Rough Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwchapmanjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In January of this year, I went for an oil change and dealer found a leaky front right strut so they replaced. I quickly found out how expensive MRC is. My tires were also due and I got replacements, Bridgestone Dueler HL 20". All 4 were due.

COVID hit and I didn't drive my truck for a while so I started to and noticed a really rough ride which made me examine the rear shocks and they were leaking and due for replacement so I replaced them and it didn't completely go away. I checked the remaining strut and it was leaking so I replaced it as well. All OEM parts.

Frustrated with the rough ride, I took it to the dealer but they gave the standard "could not replicate" and road force balanced the tire. This lead me to finding one with conicity that moved to the front and I got it replaced. I was hoping that was causing the road vibrations but it wasn't.

One thing I realize I did when I did the front left is accidentally overtorque the sway bar link as it needs to be loosened to get the strut assembly in and out. I torqued to 37ft lb instead of 17. I'm afraid to back it off and not entirely sure this is the cause because the issue started before this replacement. I'm also not 100% sure this amount of overtorque or any could lead to a really rough ride where you feel every road vibration.

To add to the complexity, my passengers don't notice the ride issue so it is either me being sensitive or its only on my side. I did have my wife touch my steering wheel to feel the vibration and she definitely could.

I don't think this is the "Chevy Shake" issue but has anyone else run into this drive vibration issue? Almost seems as if my front left strut may be bad and not absorbing.

I have a scan tool that can disable magneride which I may do or just unplug the shock sensor and see what happens.

GM screwed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In January of this year, I went for an oil change and dealer found a leaky front right strut so they replaced. I quickly found out how expensive MRC is. My tires were also due and I got replacements, Bridgestone Dueler HL 20". All 4 were due.

COVID hit and I didn't drive my truck for a while so I started to and noticed a really rough ride which made me examine the rear shocks and they were leaking and due for replacement so I replaced them and it didn't completely go away. I checked the remaining strut and it was leaking so I replaced it as well. All OEM parts.

Frustrated with the rough ride, I took it to the dealer but they gave the standard "could not replicate" and road force balanced the tire. This lead me to finding one with conicity that moved to the front and I got it replaced. I was hoping that was causing the road vibrations but it wasn't.

One thing I realize I did when I did the front left is accidentally overtorque the sway bar link as it needs to be loosened to get the strut assembly in and out. I torqued to 37ft lb instead of 17. I'm afraid to back it off and not entirely sure this is the cause because the issue started before this replacement. I'm also not 100% sure this amount of overtorque or any could lead to a really rough ride where you feel every road vibration.

To add to the complexity, my passengers don't notice the ride issue so it is either me being sensitive or its only on my side. I did have my wife touch my steering wheel to feel the vibration and she definitely could.

I don't think this is the "Chevy Shake" issue but has anyone else run into this drive vibration issue? Almost seems as if my front left strut may be bad and not absorbing.

I have a scan tool that can disable magneride which I may do or just unplug the shock sensor and see what happens.
So I had similar issues early on in my Yukon nightmares
dealer wanted to put but deflector on new tires new cam new drive shaft new tires and so on
over Next few months they changed all of these things under warranty and of course problem was still there finally after another bunch of months they repaired transmission yet still not good but after a bunch more months transmission started whining like crazy and they changed the entire transmission
vibration was finally gone now I’m just trying to fix all the other issues GM screwed up and don’t want to admit to

next time spend 80 k on restoring an Old truck to new
these things are expensive junk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st