2015 Yukon Denali CEL and Traction light, Dealer quotes $13K?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brassgirl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Two weeks ago while driving the vehicle started to shake and the traction and Cel lights came on. Made it to exit and gas station. Turned off and smelled burn rubber and wouldn't restart. Had flatbed towed to local repair shop. They were not equipped to repair, thought engine spring valve issues. Towed to dealership that serviced when first purchased. Two days at dealership, code P0300 says No. 7 & 5 cylinders misfiring and no compression on 7; lifters need to be replaced and possible camshaft failure. $9400.00 But, need to do tear down to find complete root. Oh and said the catalytic converter may be damaged due to age and mileage (107,150 miles) another $3700!

Had car towed to local repair shop that have replaced the battery twice. To date Replaced battery because it was only charged 20%; No. 7 cylinder has internal issues; removing the upper valve covers and performing individual cylinder compression test to rule out other cylinder issues, Also checking spark plugs because they have never been replaced. Hoping outcome will be found today.

Needless to say, we are not putting $13k into a vehicle that's not even 10 years old yet. I'm aware of the lifter issues with these vehicles. Also, get the car serviced regularly.

Anyone else with similar issues in past or present, advice appreciated. Thanks.

L8T BURB

Reaction score
My next door neighbor is the service manager at our local Chevy dealership. My Suburban is currently dead, needing an engine AND transmission. He quoted me in the low to mid $9k range for a GM reman engine. They do not use new.

Needless to say, I purchased a 6.6 gas engine/transmission w/3 miles from a 2022 Silverado 2500 and that's what is going in my Suburban. Essentially brand new engine and transmission which comes FULLY dressed with all accessories and cats...and I paid $7700. No DOD/AFM from factory, 401HP and 464 TQ. I mean, what's not to love??

OP...if you plan to keep the vehicle long term, consider joining me in the uncharted territory of putting the REAL engine that GM should have used in these rigs in the first place!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts