2015 Tahoe won't start and dash has no power after dead battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fifty150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the Tahoe and I have a strange problem. The truck sat for awhile and the battery went flat. I put it on a charger and it would only come up to 11.5 volts. I hooked my jumper box to it to supply extra juice and nothing. I turn the key and nothing comes on. The dash doesn't light up, the radio doesn't come on and it won't crank. Thinking the battery was probably toast because it's out of warranty and won't hold more than 11.5 volts I replaced it. Checked voltage on the new battery and it was 12.5. Tried to fire it up and same thing, nothing. No crank and nothing on the dash comes on. The door locks work and the lights work. I've never run into anything like this before and it came out of the blue. The truck was running fine before the battery died. I'm hoping there's something simple I'm not aware of on this truck like some weird security feature. Thanks for any help!

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure that you have figured this out by now but for other people this info might be invaluable.
On these hybrid units you cannot jump them off like a normal vehicle without taking a chance of messing up the hybrid system. Should be able to reset the system with a tech2, it has gone into "crash mode" Next time you need to jump off your hybrid take the battery cables off and simply charge the battery separately. Once the batery is charged up remove the jumper cables and hook it back up and yo are good to go. Those simple steps could save you a lot of wasted time and effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE