2015 Tahoe LTZ/Electronic and AC shut off randomly.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josemanurivera

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 tahoe LTZ AC and electronics shut off and turns back on randomly while I'm driving. It only last for less than a second but it got me worried that something is wrong. The first message that pops up on my dash says "parking assist off" but then it disappears since its actually on. My engine does not shut off and I'm able to keep driving.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Jose!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2015 tahoe LTZ AC and electronics shut off and turns back on randomly while I'm driving. It only last for less than a second but it got me worried that something is wrong. The first message that pops up on my dash says "parking assist off" but then it disappears since its actually on. My engine does not shut off and I'm able to keep driving.
check your grounds, there are several, if poke around the web you will find many pointing to the body grounds on the frame just about right behind each wheel on the frame and there is another bcm ground in the front left lower windshield pillar area (inside the vehicle) and check your battery cables also
on my 2018 silverado it turned out the alternator was sending 800mv spikes to the bcm and making the bcm think the ignition was being cycled. a rare case I suppose but if all else checks out it's worth noting.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your grounds, there are several, if poke around the web you will find many pointing to the body grounds on the frame just about right behind each wheel on the frame and there is another bcm ground in the front left lower windshield pillar area (inside the vehicle) and check your battery cables also
on my 2018 silverado it turned out the alternator was sending 800mv spikes to the bcm and making the bcm think the ignition was being cycled. a rare case I suppose but if all else checks out it's worth noting.
How did you track that down? A lot of diagnosing?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you track that down? A lot of diagnosing?
man I tried everything to figure it out, it went to the dealer about 3 times and they couldn't find the cause, I finally ended up leaving it with them and paid for 2 hours of a deeper diagnosis and they finally found it. I ended up having to pay for the diagnosis even though it was under warranty because I added a bunch of aftermarket stuff and once you do that it makes it harder for them to diagnose because on a scope for instance it can cause interference. they did cover the alternator though so whatever, but I was happy to have it back to normal.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative battery cable and the short positive cable on top of the battery. Being a 2015, I would also check the ground at the bottom of the a-pillar for having the firewall mat stuck in it. It can be hard to see but pull out the a-pillar trim and if it is caught, you can get a 10mm wrench in there by removing the speaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts